Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on my motorcycle questions. There seem to be quite a few Scramblers for sale-- just none seem to be local.

On a seperate note, what do y'all feel about high mileage 9th gens? There are some up around 90k+ in my area, but i feel that may be too much. I would prefer to stay around 60k or below. Just a bit of a feeler question. Thanks

My 9th is just over 115K and the only issue I've had is that one time my gas cap didn't seal 100% and I fixed it by doing absolutely ding-dang nothing and it started sealing again. I agree with ron -- 100K seems low mileage for these.

I still did the usual 100K refresh, though. I'd check that anyone selling their 9th has at least changed the plugs and fan belt at 100K. That's like the minimum if everything else is working. If they haven't even bothered with that, they probably haven't bothered with other things.

...like bathing :spaz:

i like the emotion from an N/A engine

BRO I FEEL THIS

People don't know about them emotions, either.

tenor.gif

@Honda-Fan

seriously though it makes absolutely no noise no matter how hard you beat on it. but i remember the sport suspension feeling awesome when i got on an onramp lol. right away i was like no way in hell would i trade in my car for this.

i love the design language of the 8th and 9th gen civics. i believe its the same designer

Oh.. :( RIP Subaru

9th Gen > 10th Gen
looks wise at least.
No RIP to the subaru yet, but sooner than later. I just really loved my 9th (hence the peofile picture change again). It had all the features i wanted, looked great, it was just a car i really loved owning. I know hondas will run forever as long as you keep up basic maintenance. I think all the other subpar cars I've owned in the oast make me fear the 100k mark in one. But given everyones feedback i may be pulling the trigger on one in the near future.

I'm a little bias but the 10th gen styling has grown on me. It's pretty aggressive without modding it. It's much bigger for sure but i think it looks good. But going from a 9th to a 10th would be hard for sure. Lots of factors that steer me away from replacing my si.

I think I told this story before but I was at the dealer one time talking to a salesman about trading mine in for a 10th and he told me not to. I got rid of my ef when I moved from Edmonton and regret not shipping it with me every day. I'm going to try and keep my 9th for ever.

But I gotta say, this golf is growing on me. I don't know what it is but it seems like it's the least over engineered German car, easy and cheap to work on. I find myself looking at gtis and R's alot on YouTube.

Lol. I was just messing with @bauer311. Looks like a started a debate. K24 is just a great power plant to start with.

I have test drove a tenth si. I like the way it drove I just can’t get used to the body style but u can get some decent power out of them. Honestly it took me a while to get used to my 9th lol but I’m in love now. When I bought it, it was pretty much for the k24. I guess it took a few compliments to fall in love with the body.

9th all day.

No RIP to the subaru yet, but sooner than later. I just really loved my 9th (hence the peofile picture change again). It had all the features i wanted, looked great, it was just a car i really loved owning. I know hondas will run forever as long as you keep up basic maintenance. I think all the other subpar cars I've owned in the oast make me fear the 100k mark in one. But given everyones feedback i may be pulling the trigger on one in the near future.

Can't see profile pictures on Tapatalk ;) Didn't even know you changed it.

Rather you get a 9th Si over an older beater/project hatch :)

Who's running around slinging mustard on people's cars?

It's EGG!

I don’t know what type of bug it was but def was big.

The guts were thick and crunchy by the time I got back home to clean it off.

I can't imagine how much work it is to do your fence ^ I hate the look of my vinyl fence but the no maintenance part of it is awesome.

I'm back to working a Saturday once and a while and hate it. It's only for 4 hours but it makes my weekend so short.

Back