Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I’ve been working on a DIY “in ground” irrigation system for the house.

I bought some nice in ground sprinkler heads and built a quick disconnect feature on it and I place all of this in the ground, inside a cover thing. So now I can set the spray patterns on the sprinklers and just move the hose around to each sprinkler. Way easier that moving a single sprinkler and adjusting it every time a moved it. So far I spent $110 to put everything together.
To do a real in ground irrigation from the pros with all the bells and whistles.....$8000 quote. Maybe in a couple years, lol.

This is build....

714BE5C1-3A1C-4078-BB3B-5D6207D58492.jpeg
03DF682E-D811-4D14-9993-107DE3AE8819.jpeg

This is how is looks with the hose attached...

0B317F27-859A-4748-B988-BEAB37434921.jpeg

This is how it looks when it’s in the ground....

4EDEF2FA-7DE2-4821-9460-1D86E4593B19.jpeg

Finished product....so you lift the cover, connect the hose, let it run for however long, remove the hose, cover back on....move on to the next one.

01B1D6B7-2292-44E9-A411-36C7B4D36E4C.jpeg

It's been a long day, but here's the pics of the exhaust. Something looks weird to me, but it doesn't seem stock. I know the muffler is iffy, maybe just missing the finisher? 20200711_155133.jpg 20200711_155140.jpg maybe some of my si brethren can help me figure this out.

It's been a long day, but here's the pics of the exhaust. Something looks weird to me, but it doesn't seem stock. I know the muffler is iffy, maybe just missing the finisher? View attachment 61093 View attachment 61094 maybe some of my si brethren can help me figure this out.

stock muffler i thought had Honda and or NISSIN stamped in the metal somewhere, and a bracket on the outlet for mounting the finisher
The rest of the tubing doesnt look like its using the fasteners im used to seeing on hondas either, and looks like its larger diameter

stock muffler i thought had Honda and or NISSIN stamped in the metal somewhere, and a bracket on the outlet for mounting the finisher
The rest of the tubing doesnt look like its using the fasteners im used to seeing on hondas either, and looks like its larger diameter
That's what i thought too. It sounds like it has an exhaust sometimes and sometimes sounds factory (noise changes throughout powerband) I'll upload a video clip when i get a chance so you can hear it for yourselves.

sorry to bust in... but uh...

BOOTYLUVR'S SELLING HIS SUBARU?!

BUT BUT BUT

200.gif

It's been a long day, but here's the pics of the exhaust. Something looks weird to me, but it doesn't seem stock. I know the muffler is iffy, maybe just missing the finisher? View attachment 61093 View attachment 61094 maybe some of my si brethren can help me figure this out.
Looks like an aftermarket exhaust from the cat to the back can but it appears someone chopped off the rear can section. You can see some crappy welds at the top of the second pic. The diameter of the section after the weld is way smaller too. Def 2 exhausts Frankensteined together.

Looks like an aftermarket exhaust from the cat to the back can but it appears someone chopped off the rear can section. You can see some crappy welds at the top of the second pic.

Oooh good eyes!

Was trying to do some detective work on this, too -- but wasn't sure where in the piping the tomfoolery started.

Being a ricer myself, I know exactly the mindset that birthed that job.

200.gif

"I want to sound louder, but I don't want to use the probably included with this exhaust kit big N1 muffler because of the stigma. So I'll weld my stock muffler onto it as an automotive red herring so people think I'm still stock."

ALSO THOSE WELDS LOOK LIKE BOOGERS :eek:

Looks like an aftermarket exhaust from the cat to the back can but it appears someone chopped off the rear can section. You can see some crappy welds at the top of the second pic. The diameter of the section after the weld is way smaller too. Def 2 exhausts Frankensteined together.
Good eyes, i didn't catch that. It sounds fine tone wise, just didn't make a lot of sense when i heard it.

Seems like the guy did basic bolt on, drove it for about 14k miles and traded for a 10th gen si. A full skunk2 cai and a Frankenstein exhaust with (HFP?) suspension, I'll take it.

Is it weird that i want a wink mirror?

Nope. I'm old and boring. No plans for a replacement vehicle.

i know its been said somewhere but how old are you?

thats deff an aftermarket cat back with a shitty muffler added. not sure if i missed it but you are you 100% sure the downpipe isnt aftermarket? do you have a picture of that?

its been close to 100F here for like 2 weeks but with the great lakes its very humid, you just feel damp and hot. im not sure ive experienced a 100F dry heat before.

I'll be 35 next month. I am a car enthusiast but don't drive my cars hard (like some are meant to be driven). I guess you can say it's a waste. It's just how I am.

why not build something decently fast but not sti fast for a fun daily? i have too much fun buying parts and modifying cars not to do it even though i fix cars for a living. i found myself looking at parts for my civic just because i was board but didnt really need them. the vw is filling a void in my life.

I have my '15 Accord EX-L V6 for my daily. :thumb: it's fine for my needs. I've had it for almost 3 years (Nov. 2017) and put around 40k miles on it. Only thing I added was the rear lip spoiler (from eBay) that actually is off the car now since the double sided tape (no-name brand) that came with it lost its adhesive.. so I need to order replacement double sided tape and reinstall it.

I'm also cheap and don't like spending money. I'm frugal :giggle:

I started to look at parts for the STi (flex fuel setup) but didn't want to put a ton of money into it (glad I didn't since now it's listed for sale lol).

Back