Takeda intake combined with k tuned 3.5” intake

Derek Nguyen

I have the Takeda intake and everyone says 3.5” is best power. Takeda intake is basically short ram into a cold air box using the factory air scoop. the k tuned intake and Takeda piping and filter look the same. Anyone try to fit the k tuned 3.5” intake into the Takeda air box???

The 3.5” intakes require hondata or ktuner and a custom ecu tune or the car won’t run. I don’t know if you have either, but I’m just giving you a heads up.

It likely would not fit. The filter on the takeda is a unique shape to make it work. The base diameter also allows it to seal to the box.
I would just keep what you have.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It likely would not fit. The filter on the takeda is a unique shape to make it work. The base diameter also allows it to seal to the box.
I would just keep what you have.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oh I see. One the Afe power website you can actually build your own filter so I can order a custom filter with a 3.5 inlet so it could fit just like the one I have now. But the power difference between what I have now and 3.5” intake is it a big enough gain to go through that and spend the extra money? My intake I got used for 100 bucks so that’s why I have it

Most intakes on the dyno did worse than stock. Keep what you have

To correct webby, except for the 3.5 CAI intakes with acurity coming on top-but its not cheaply made and expensive. If done correctly with the right size tubing and position in lower fender-it also will not get water in it as long as its not under water. Trying to make it yourself could be done, but not easy at all to actually make additional power unless done just right with the tubing. You loose a lot of power though heat soaking the air filter-if its a short ram. Battery relocation is another problem. I have the battery relocated with a SS acurity battery mounting plate. It does move the battery back enough to relocate some of the weight off the left front tire, yet is not in the trunk. It has to be tuned in order to work right.

Attachments

• DSC00310.JPG
    DSC00310.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 7
did you see the dyno on the 3.5 CAI ? They were making more power with the 3.5 cold air intakes, maybe the same with a short ram!:badger:

I trust vitviper. He’s likely tuned more Honda/Acura cars than any large company you could name. He has nothing to gain by showing what parts gained or lost power. I don’t trust what the dyno sheets say from the company selling the parts. Vitviper did custom tunes back to back on a handful of aftermarket intakes. The prl was one of the only intakes he had gains with. He then did custom tunes with larger throttle bodies, because people kept asking about going to larger Honda/Acura throttle bodies. No gains.

I see. Cuz even if I were to change the pipe to 3.5” the air scoop remains the same using the factory air scoop. I did remove the resonator to make it less restrictive but reading what everyone is saying it’s probably not worth it to go the extra mile. Acuity went above and beyond with their product and it’s the full 3.5” all the way down compared to mine so I’ll just keep what I have. I’m planning to get 3inch DP back so I’m hoping that can make up the power.

I don't think he was working with the latest acuity CAI, the prl cai is not quite as good. Doesn't look like he is even tuning the civics anymore. One thing that makes the acurity cai special is the real carbon tube that keeps the air temp low. Perhaps you could copy the latest CAI design. i think the cai intake have gotton close to perfect. K+n use to be the best but is not even close now. Anyway its very simple more cooler air comes in , the more power it can make. The stock setup is good but a 3.5 CAI is much better. To get the most out of a 3.5 cai req's a bigger exhaust pipes to actually see gains. Cai by its self just gets stopped by small exhaust pipes and double cats -the worst pipe of junk honda put on cars.

I don't think he was working with the latest acuity CAI, the prl cai is not quite as good. Doesn't look like he is even tuning the civics anymore. One thing that makes the acurity cai special is the real carbon tube that keeps the air temp low. Perhaps you could copy the latest CAI design. i think the cai intake have gotton close to perfect. K+n use to be the best but is not even close now. Anyway its very simple more cooler air comes in , the more power it can make. The stock setup is good but a 3.5 CAI is much better. To get the most out of a 3.5 cai req's a bigger exhaust pipes to actually see gains. Cai by its self just gets stopped by small exhaust pipes and double cats -the worst pipe of junk honda put on cars.

yeah from what I heard VitViper doesn’t tune anymore sadly. Yeah for sure will upgrade exhaust and DP and tune. Just was wondering if upgrading the pipe on the takeda to 3.5” was worth it or not but seems like it is? It’s not as good as the acuity obviously but shows some gain over what I have now. Worth it though? People saying different thinks so idk lmao

He was hired to work for motec.

Unless you’ve got unlimited money to waste for a maybe a couple hp, it’s not worth it.

Every bit of HP helps when your working with a NA motor-you can't just add more boost. I think the 2.4 is a really good engine. Butt your right about wasting dough trying to make tiny gains. I looks at the way to gain easy power and its 3.5 intake and 3" full exhaust and high flow cat after that not much more is going to help very much. Cheap mods might simple be removing the back seats and taking the spare tire out. lighter Wheels are another way of getting useable power. 200+ Hp isn't really that bad and how often do you really need more? I got very close to 30mpg on a 530 mile trip and it cost me $45 in gas pretty good. I am not finished tuning so i should get that 30mpg very soon.

Yeah I feel it. For me to get the k tuned 3.5 intake is already like 180 then for me to get the custom made filter im gonna assume at least another 100. So almost 300 for just a few extra HP doesn’t seem worth it to me. If it was like 10-20 more HP then yeah I’d do it. I’m just gonna go forth with the 3inch DP back for now. If I feel like it’s not enough I can get the acuity CAI down the road but for now it’s not a priority cuz there’s other stuff I still want for my car.

Downpipe with a tune is the biggest hp gain for the money

Back