Stutter after vtec

SpikedJoker

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si. Coupe
I've had this curious "ghost" of a problem for about 4 months now. When accelerating at higher speed the rpms hit between 5-6000 and there's a small window where it stutters. Once it had complete power loss and the engine light flashed but I couldn't get a code. The engine didn't die and cut out, but no power got to the wheels. It would rev but no go. I turned it off and restarted and it drove like before. Ok for daily driving but not good for a race. Any ideas or anyone else have this problem?

Skunk2 cai. After market double din pioneer component speakers, and soon sub woofer replaced. Short throw shifter. No flash done yet.

Is the Skunk 2 the one with the kit you have to cut and butt connect your O.E.M harness ???

I've seen a handful of people have issues with the skunk2 intake. Some had wiring issues, or others complained of idle issues etc. it may just be an intake that really needs flashpro and a tune to run right.

I had the same issue with my old skunk2 intake on my 2012 SI the problem was the maf sensor was not properly wired because I use the butt connectors they provided but every time I would floor it I would have similar issues with all the lights on the dash flashing and I would lose power, I would have to restart the car everytime that happened, what I did was Solder in the wires together and then heat shrunk everything as well as wrap with electrical tape to prevent any damage and that fixed my issue.

Also make sure you get that fixed ASAP because one day I was on the highway and it happened to me I lost power right in the middle of the highway going 70 mph that was not fun I was able to pull over though

I had the same issue with my old skunk2 intake on my 2012 SI the problem was the maf sensor was not properly wired because I use the butt connectors they provided but every time I would floor it I would have similar issues with all the lights on the dash flashing and I would lose power, I would have to restart the car everytime that happened, what I did was Solder in the wires together and then heat shrunk everything as well as wrap with electrical tape to prevent any damage and that fixed my issue.
I'll look into that. Thanks

" If " wires have been cut start there and double check anyways. Honda is very finicky about their voltage, grounds and wire harness. Hopefully you haven't just butt connected them, tucked them away and left them exposed.

" If " wires have been cut start there and double check anyways. Honda is very finicky about their voltage, grounds and wire harness. Hopefully you haven't just butt connected them, tucked them away and left them exposed.
No, I twisted them and used electric tape and heat shunk the tape. It's how I've always handled wires. Never had a problem before. Although I think I'll go back and solder them.

You twisted them ! ? ! ? ! ? ! . . .are you serious ? ? ?

PLEASE go do some home work before you do anything more let alone make attempts to trouble shoot and repair your harness. :banghead:

Not being a dick but you seriously need to understand the importance of basic electrical work. I hope you take this in the context of being helpful

Back