Looking for new tires (225-45/17)

Aparajith

Hi all,

I got new tires with Enkei wheels in 2017. The tires I got then were Continental ExtremeContact DWS04 225/45-17. I also use Winter tires (Have them on wheels, so its just a straight swap). I may have done about 10000 miles on the summer tires. However off-late I was having extreme vibrations - in the rear right side, as if the car was wobbling up and down diagonally. I took it to a alloy wheel repair team and they verified the wheels and found no issues in them. They however found a lot of flat spots which was creating the wobbling. They suggested that I get it changed after this winter. I am in Ottawa, Canada, so winter tires are a compulsion here. I just got a couple of questions:

1. How common is this issue? Is the assessment accurate?
2. Any suggestion on better tires of same size?

I have Costco here and can also use TireRack. So tire brands are not an issue. I am looking to get Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. Is this a good tire? I really am looking for Wet and Dry road handling. Am not so concerned with the ride quality. I just hate the road noise (Am looking at you Goodyear!)

Any suggestions?

I just stack and store them one on top of the other in the garage (non weather controlled) Webby. Any better tire suggestions?

I really like the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 PP they worked really well in wet conditions and performed well during dry conditions but they don't last long they have a really nice ride quality and you can really push on them if you are doing a bit of fun driving.

Right now I am using the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s and they are basically similar to the So4 but a slight change in tread pattern and a harder compound they are almost half the price. They hold up well during dry conditions and are acceptable during wet conditions.

As for the Michelin Pilot line you can't go wrong at all my SI came with the Pilot SS and were amazing until i ran through a few hundred nails on the road and ruined my tires with just 1,500 miles on them so I never got to really try them out as I was waiting for my car to break in.

Back