Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Finally got around to a lil something yesterday on the Si. I got the lil dealer emblem removed and took off the pin stripes down the side. Not much really, but it was enough for me. I do need to get the rest of the chrome on the car painted. The previous owner did a vinyl wrap on the chrome trim around the windows, but the trunk trim and front bumper still need blacked out. I will prolly get to that in a week or so. Just busy and after working all day sweating to death, it makes it hard to want to go out and do it some more. Once it cools off a bit I'll be doing more little things with the car.

Hi, sorry off topic but i believe my wheel bearings are failing at 78k and starting to make a sound like this .

Does anyone know how much it will cost to replace both the driver and passenger side just so I can get an idea of how much it might cost me at a shop. And is it generally acceptable to bring my own OEM hub / bearings and just pay for labor?

Car is a civic 14 lx base model.

Went to pull the shift lever springs out of my Old tranny and I couldn’t pull the shift lever assembly out. It’s locked in the tranny so I might pull the case later today. Maybe that’s why it wouldn’t shift? When I drained the fluid I didn’t see any chunks an the metal in the pan was minimal. I’m really super curious to see the damage inside.

Hi, sorry off topic but i believe my wheel bearings are failing at 78k and starting to make a sound like this .

Does anyone know how much it will cost to replace both the driver and passenger side just so I can get an idea of how much it might cost me at a shop. And is it generally acceptable to bring my own OEM hub / bearings and just pay for labor?

Car is a civic 14 lx base model.
Msrp looks like $86 a piece from Honda. Talk to the shop beforehand. Some shops don’t care if you just pay labor, and other shops will care since they can make $ off the part and labor.

Would a voltage gauge in the car help me to know before a battery goes bad, or no?

I saw a user on here add a cool voltage pod to their pillar, but never got around to asking if it helped them know preemptively if the battery was goin'.

Mine just died out of nowhere. Never showed signs of weakening. My old one that died did though.

Went to pull the shift lever springs out of my Old tranny and I couldn’t pull the shift lever assembly out. It’s locked in the tranny so I might pull the case later today. Maybe that’s why it wouldn’t shift? When I drained the fluid I didn’t see any chunks an the metal in the pan was minimal. I’m really super curious to see the damage inside.
Did you pull the case? I wanna see what that bad boy looks like!

I started to the couldn’t find my snap ring remover tool. Then it got to about 110 degrees and I was over it haha. Probably this weekend.

I started to the couldn’t find my snap ring remover tool. Then it got to about 110 degrees and I was over it haha. Probably this weekend.

Hahaha! I don't blame you! This weekend was rough. It got up to 103 over here in Vista. The lady said it NEVER gets that hot here. A couple of records got broken for highest temps ever.

Dude I was out there to water the plants for like 20 minutes. Felt sick and crazy fatigued. Don’t know how them Arizona boys do it.

Would a voltage gauge in the car help me to know before a battery goes bad, or no?

I saw a user on here add a cool voltage pod to their pillar, but never got around to asking if it helped them know preemptively if the battery was goin'.

it would tell you if your charging system failed and the alternator wasnt putting out enough power to keep the battery charged, but there are ways the battery could fail and you wouldnt know by the gauge till the car wont start

I know when i had my 15 ex, i had battery problems and honda replaced it. But it was still under warranty at the time. I actually love having a sedan now as opposed to my ex coupe. With kids it makes things easier, so that may be part of it...

Back