Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

You lost me at chewy pulpy bits.... I'll pass.

I lose everyone at chewy pulpy bits.

giphy.gif

They didn't ask for permission to use my videos! :mad:

"Customer's videos" smh

I'd be like, "where's my kick back?!"

You lost me at chewy pulpy bits.... I'll pass.

Same. I don't do pulp.

I would have thought so. They say it's for drainage so it doesn't puddle up and flow in to the house.

I can see where it's graded too. I was just gonna say that it was probs for drainage. That would suck for the first hard rain to flood your garage.

Already off work. Gonna get a couple sausage McMuffins then pass out for a while. Another midnight shift tonight.

got the front 6.5 woofers installed in my golf with the amazon 1/2 inch stack able spacers. install went good ( although i spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out why the tweeter wouldnt work because i had it unplugged ).
20200915-210918.jpg

ocd me hates the speaker upside down, might turn it later, just easier to run the wires like that.
any audio experts know if running higher wattage handling speakers on a stock head unit with no amp will compromise the quality of the audio? i feel like the front speakers are now producing less bass than the oem rears. i plan to get a new head unit and 4 or 5 channel amp in the future anyways.

got the front 6.5 woofers installed in my golf with the amazon 1/2 inch stack able spacers. install went good ( although i spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out why the tweeter wouldnt work because i had it unplugged ).
20200915-210918.jpg

ocd me hates the speaker upside down, might turn it later, just easier to run the wires like that.
any audio experts know if running higher wattage handling speakers on a stock head unit with no amp will compromise the quality of the audio? i feel like the front speakers are now producing less bass than the oem rears. i plan to get a new head unit and 4 or 5 channel amp in the future anyways.

The speaker will be hidden behind the door panel anyway. I'd say eff it and leave it.

Not ideal, but you should be fine. Just don't crank it all the way up and the speakers won't pull more wattage than the unit can supply.

The speaker will be hidden behind the door panel anyway. I'd say eff it and leave it.

Not ideal, but you should be fine. Just don't crank it all the way up and the speakers won't pull more wattage than the unit can supply.

as far as i know, the speaker doesnt pull wattage, the power rating is just how much it can handle, the radio or amp is what supplies the watts. also read that the clarity of the sound using higher wattage handling speakers can be worse than stock. i need to find a good head unit and decent amp this winter.

as far as i know, the speaker doesnt pull wattage, the power rating is just how much it can handle, the radio or amp is what supplies the watts. also read that the clarity of the sound using higher wattage handling speakers can be worse than stock. i need to find a good head unit and decent amp this winter.

Lol fair. It's wattage rating is a capability to handle the power coming it's way. Basically how loud it can get (oversimplified, I know). What I mean by "the speaker won't pull too much" is that if the speaker is capable of using more power than the head unit can supply it will tax the head unit and the speakers will end up under-driven. Not the worst thing, but sound quality will be affected as there just isn't enough available power to drive the speakers.

Lol fair. It's wattage rating is a capability to handle the power coming it's way. Basically how loud it can get (oversimplified, I know). What I mean by "the speaker won't pull too much" is that if the speaker is capable of using more power than the head unit can supply it will tax the head unit and the speakers will end up under-driven. Not the worst thing, but sound quality will be affected as there just isn't enough available power to drive the speakers.

So what you're saying is I should spend more money on my winter beater.

speaker will just play at whatever power it's being driven by. The rating is just what it's capable of handling, meaning don't put on a 3k watt amp if the speaker is rated to 100 watts.

Evening :haysmiley: lawn mowed & trimmed :fistpump:

What shall I have for dinner.. hmmm have to run out so might pick something up on the way home.

I think either looks good, but I deleted my emblems on most of the cars I've had in the past. It's nice to be able to clean/wax/polish when you don't have a bunch of stuff to go around. Black would probably look good though too. The rear trunk H needs to stay since it has holes in it, so you could do that black, and then remove the others?
I'm gonna end up doing the red jdm h badges in the future. Just wasnt sure if i wanted to delete as much as possible or keep it kinda oem+.

Thanks for the input fellas. I'll prolly delete them since that's what i usually do. Just seeing if inspiration will strike for this idea.

I'm gonna end up doing the red jdm h badges in the future. Just wasnt sure if i wanted to delete as much as possible or keep it kinda oem+.

Thanks for the input fellas. I'll prolly delete them since that's what i usually do. Just seeing if inspiration will strike for this idea.

lil heat and some fish string and they come right off. I like the clean look. If I could take the emblem off up front I would.

Back