Official Computer Talk Thread

The base frequency of that processor is 1.0ghz. I know some of the others you looked at had 1.6 or 1.7ghz base clock speeds. But you gain dedicated graphics with that one you linked.

The base frequency of that processor is 1.0ghz. I know some of the others you looked at had 1.6 or 1.7ghz base clock speeds. But you gain dedicated graphics with that one you linked.

Yeah...two of the laptops we were talking about were unavailable but at this point it is what it is. I’m mainly on a bunch of spreadsheets, entering stuff on Quickbooks and monitoring emails.

Maybe with the vid card I can play some games?

NVIDIA GeForce MX350 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM

"it can't provide enough graphics power for smooth playing the latest high-end game titles on high settings and resolutions."

Yeah you ain't playing any games with that card. Well maybe solitaire and pinball lol

No offense but personally I'm not sure why you want to play video games on a work laptop in the first place. I wouldn't even think of doing that.

What games do you want to play? If you want to get into gaming buy a separate PC, laptop or console. That's just my opinion.

Currently I have an HP beats by Dre laptop for 2014-2015, lol

I have an HP laptop also that has beats audio lol It's still a nice laptop. I put an SSD in it a while back. i5 CPU & 8GB of RAM. She's still kicking.

He’s gonna play car soccer with ya

mmmhmmmm :rolleyes:

Haha....I knew it wasn’t great but I guess no games for me then. :giggle:

Decided to login to my steam account and downloaded some free games to try out. Destiny 2 is kind of fun. My 6 year old is enjoying it. My wife doesn't like it so much.

Decided to login to my steam account and downloaded some free games to try out. Destiny 2 is kind of fun. My 6 year old is enjoying it. My wife doesn't like it so much.
I played Destiny 2. I liked it, but it got boring to play alone.

Uh oh..... #boycottMSI

MSI has found itself wrapped in controversy this week, as allegations of the company scalping its own products for a higher price on eBay began doing the rounds. The accusation started off on Reddit, with someone linking a company called ‘Starlit Partner’ to MSI. Starlit Partner recently sold several RTX 3080 GPUs on eBay for well above MSRP.

MSI scalping their own 3080s on ebay, links included.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/j6idky/msi_scalping_their_own_3080s_on_ebay_links/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

MSI responds to RTX 3080 scalping controversy

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...si-responds-to-rtx-3080-scalping-controversy/

i wouldnt be surprised if others are doing the same........they just havent been caught yet

I sold my ram to some old dude today. He sends me a message saying her installed the ram but the computer beeps and doesn't post.

So I ask what cpu and motherboard he's got and he sais pentium 4 and lga775. Im not sure whats more impressive, that he's got a 20 year old computer or that he installed ddr4 ram into a ddr motherboard somehow.

I sold my ram to some old dude today. He sends me a message saying her installed the ram but the computer beeps and doesn't post.

So I ask what CPU and motherboard he's got and he said Pentium 4 and lga775. I'm not sure what's more impressive, that he's got a 20 year old computer or that he installed ddr4 ram into a ddr motherboard somehow.

Wow.... so he bought RAM randomly that wasn't for his setup.. SMH.

Wow.... so he bought RAM randomly that wasn't for his setup.. SMH.
some old foreign dude that looked like he could be a rocket engineer in his own country. but knew nothing about computers. at least he didnt ask for his money back. thought about selling my entire computer to him or offer to build him a new one, but just left it alone.

some old foreign dude that looked like he could be a rocket engineer in his own country. but knew nothing about computers. at least he didnt ask for his money back. thought about selling my entire computer to him or offer to build him a new one, but just left it alone.
Yah, that's his own deal. It's not your deal to verify it the item someone purchases from you is gonna work for their application. That's on him.

When @Honda-Fan gets done building his setup.

Edit: Found on reddit. Super nice setup but WHY the water bottle in the pic??! :cornmad:

0nl8st3pwwr51.jpg

Back