2013 EX-L oem sway bar upgrade

I never said anything about ripping the interior apart. I was purely talking about putting it below the carpet in the footwell area. The carpet is not difficult to pull back. I'm not sure how you're saying that's a bandaid fix either? Dynamat or other noise canceling products are made to "reduce noise". If you think your engine is having issues, then that is another unrelated issue. I'm guessing the "noise" you're hearing is due to the car being lower to the ground, and you're hearing sound reflecting off the pavement into the cabin. Regardless, it's your car.

pics of used oem springs here
https://ahparts.com/buy-used/2014-h...ck-spring-52446-tr0-a62-52446tr0a62/216168-1?

I never said anything about ripping the interior apart. I was purely talking about putting it below the carpet in the footwell area. The carpet is not difficult to pull back. I'm not sure how you're saying that's a bandaid fix either? Dynamat or other noise canceling products are made to "reduce noise". If you think your engine is having issues, then that is another unrelated issue. I'm guessing the "noise" you're hearing is due to the car being lower to the ground, and you're hearing sound reflecting off the pavement into the cabin. Regardless, it's your car.

pics of used oem springs here
https://ahparts.com/buy-used/2014-h...ck-spring-52446-tr0-a62-52446tr0a62/216168-1?

You're right, it wouldnt be too much trouble throwing dynamat just under the front section without pulling the seats out and such. What I meant by bandaid was the possibility of masking a legit problem in the engine bay. If I could pinpoint where and what was causing the sound, I would feel way more comfortable. What pisses me off is that it wasnt there before I did all this work. Im also worried that if I put the the oem springs and new struts in, the noise will still be there which would absolutely suck.

Yes, ultimately its my decision... im just trying to make the best one based off of everyones help which by the way is greatly appreaciated. Im sorry if I sound like a broken record... im just trying to bounce my thoughts off you guys to see if we can make heads or tails of it.

I wish I knew of a reputable shop that could help me diagnose whats going on.

The oem springs in those pics dont appear to be as curved as mine (or maybe im not seeing it) If I were to go the route of putting it back to a stock ride height, would it be a good idea to reuse them?

Don't put the oem back on. If you're worried about the sound, take it to a shop and see if they hear something abnormal. This shop has pretty glowing reviews online, so it may be worth calling and seeing what they think of the noise you hear.

https://www.jandbtrans.com/

but it's still going to come down to what bothers you. If they say the car is 100% normal, is the noise going to drive you crazy causing you to swap back to stock?

I wish I could tell you that it wouldnt but the truth is that it very well could. Im very sensitve to sounds that I know shouldnt be there.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly give them a call. Have you used them before?

I wish I could tell you that it wouldnt but the truth is that it very well could. Im very sensitve to sounds that I know shouldnt be there.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly give them a call. Have you used them before?
I haven’t. I just saw their google reviews

So if its not one thing, its another.

Brought the car back to the alignment shop this morning because the passanger rear camber looked off which the tech confirmed and corrected.

The new issue is now he cant get the passanger side toe in spec which is ridiculous because the drivers side was the one that they previously couldnt get into spec (before and after I installed the new suspension) The passanger side was always in spec and had no issues.

Theyre claiming I have frame issues and need to get it checked out.

go over all subframe bolts and double check the torqued specs and any bolts removed including the steering and the wheels are torqued

Went over everything twice when it was done. I even went out the next day, purchased new subframe bolts from the dealer and torqued them to spec because I didnt feel good about reusing the old ones.

Sorry I forgot to mention that the toe issue is in the rear not the front. The fronts are ok

Went over everything twice when it was done. I even went out the next day, purchased new subframe bolts from the dealer and torqued them to spec because I didnt feel good about reusing the old ones.

Sorry I forgot to mention that the toe issue is in the rear not the front. The fronts are ok
How much is it out? Toe should not change much when lowering the rear so I cant see how it could be too far off.

What shop is doing the alignment?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I don't think he got one...

my car was way out of alignment after I did my springs.

How much is it out? Toe should not change much when lowering the rear so I cant see how it could be too far off.

What shop is doing the alignment?

Before I installed the new suspension, the drivers rear toe in was 0.20 which was slightly out of spec and according to the shop (mavis tire) and the Honda dealer, couldnt be brought out any further. The cam bolt was at its max. I couldnt get a straight answer as to what was causing the issue from either.

I installed the new suspension and while I was at it, installed a new cam nut/bolt on the rear driver's side hoping that it would fix the problem.

I brought the car to Mavis to get the alignment because the steering wheel was crooked and I knew the rear camber and toe would be off.

After the tech finished he told me that the drivers toe was still out of spec and that he couldnt get it any better. I explained that I was aware of the issue and he suggested that either the trailing arm or frame was tweaked. Later on in the day, I noticed that the passenger rear had too much negative camber so I called and brought it in this morning.

The tech confirmed it was out of spec and corrected it which is fine but then they proceed to tell me that the passanger rear toe in is 0.38, out of spec and cant be brought out any further and that the drivers size is miraculously within spec. Im standing there scratching my head, explaining to the tech and his boss that the previous day it was the other way around. Their response was that the frame is tweaked and I should get it looked at.

Thats where im at now... and I still dont have a printout. I cant keep throwing money at alignments but I think it might be best to have another shop look at it.

I'd get a second opinion. Let someone else tell you it's the frame as well.

Are you the original owner of the car? Has it been wrecked? Check the carfax if you’re not the original owner?

Are you the original owner of the car? Has it been wrecked? Check the carfax if you’re not the original owner?

Original owner, never been wrecked.

I passed by jandbtrans.com and the shop looks like an absolute mess... not sure if I want to bring it there.

After a bit of searching, I found a speed shop in Port Reading NJ https://www.mpbuilt.com that looks good and has several good reviews. They specialize in imports and exotics.

Im going to give them a call on Monday and explain my situation.

Drove around quite a bit yesterday and im almost 100% sure that something is wrong thats causing the noise im hearing. Its definitely a hisssing type of sound and my best guess is its coming from the exhaust or intake.

Im super bummed out right now and need to get these issues sorted.

They do... Its just that compared to the Lamborghini 's they work on, I hope my honda civic is worth their time.

Have you had a chance to have the shop look at it?

Hopefully sometime next week. They asked that I give it another week or so for the suspension to settle before checking everything.

I spoke with a gentleman named Paul who seemed very knowledgeable.

Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Back