Official Computer Talk Thread

Just was looking at the power it took for the GPU and CPU.

MSi Duke GTX 1080 (whatever clock out of the box) - I hit 206.7watts of power earlier while gaming
Intel i7 4790k - I hit 87.5 watts of power earlier while gaming

So 294.2 watts of power for just the CPU and GPU.

Was going to pick up a used 3600x tonight after work but the person selling it flaked just before I left work and said he wasn't available. Pissed me right off.

Just was looking at the power it took for the GPU and CPU.

MSi Duke GTX 1080 (whatever clock out of the box) - I hit 206.7watts of power earlier while gaming
Intel i7 4790k - I hit 87.5 watts of power earlier while gaming

So 294.2 watts of power for just the CPU and GPU.

That 4790k is a relic, man. I thought my i5-7600k was getting outdated (it is because lack of hyperthreading for me).

That 4790k is a relic, man. I thought my i5-7600k was getting outdated (it is because lack of hyperthreading for me).

Yeah she definitely is but *knock on wood* no issues with it (well besides the high temps but I delidded it and it resolved that).

Was going to pick up a used 3600x tonight after work but the person selling it flaked just before I left work and said he wasn't available. Pissed me right off.

Damn. I rarely buy used parts. Where did you find the listing?

Ryzen 5000 series sold out in a minute. Have a charge from NewEgg - let's hope that actually went through.

Damn. I rarely buy used parts. Where did you find the listing?
facebook marketplace. ad is still up but i really dont feel like wasting my time again. i'll be patient and wait for 5000 series to become readily available and maybe 3000 prices will go down more.

Ryzen 5000 series sold out in a minute. Have a charge from NewEgg - let's hope that actually went through.

good luck. the 5600x is a great deal. sold out on the canadian newegg too.

Yeah I trust FB marketplace over Craigslist. But still shady people on FB too.

Yeah I trust FB marketplace over Craigslist. But still shady people on FB too.

For sure. I really want a 3600 and I got the price of the 3600x he was selling to $250. But after a bunch of one word answers and acronyms instead of sentences then blowing me off I wasn't in to it.

I'm hoping its still for sale in a couple weeks so I can offer him less than my first offer.

For sure. I really want a 3600 and I got the price of the 3600x he was selling to $250. But after a bunch of one word answers and acronyms instead of sentences then blowing me off I wasn't in to it.

I'm hoping its still for sale in a couple weeks so I can offer him less than my first offer.

All this AMD talk and me watching videos/links about the new CPU's makes me want to build a new AMD setup.

:mad::mad:
Just got a notification from NewEgg that although they charged me for a 5800x they were unable to complete the order and will be refunding me.

I was ordering at 6:02 when the product went live at 6:00.

and then people will mark them up double + online for sale :barf:

I would like a new AMD build... But my current build is working fine. Dang it.

make it your blueiris/plex/whatever server

I don't watch movies so why plex? lol

I already have that free/gifted PC that I could make my secondary PC/server if needed. It's got i5-7500, 16GB RAM, 1060 GPU and an SSD.

@bootyluvr - you should use that secondary pc as your primary. That 7500 is almost a full lateral from the 4790 while upgrading support. I guess you lose those hyperthread cores.

For my office build - I’ve got the two nCase M1’s in order finally. Holy crap is stuff hard to come by.
Monitor - don't know status - was backordered and now says sold out. Hopefully I got somewhere in the queue. Work is updating my terrible laptop but the new laptop won't be able to connect to external screens without USB-C. New monitor has USB-C but no arrival timeframe.
Processor - dirt nap.

Back