Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I hate it with a passion. Trying to cut wood outside and boom it’s pitch black. I’d rather it be dark till noon if it meant we had some sun in the evening.

Mondays,
20201116-132705.jpg

this is the 2nd one that you've had engine issues in?
Have i posted this before? If so the last one i did was a 3.0l ecodiesel.

How long does it take to pull the cab off?
Probably an hour. Procedure doesn't call for doing it this way but it makes it a lot easier to do the swap. Beats leaning over the fenders to remove ****.

Morning. Finished that engine yesterday. Works been slow so I got to take my time. The new engine came on a pallet and the engine hoist legs wouldn't fit around it so I had to make due.
Found some rope with hooks on each end, wrapped the rope around a hoist arm until it was short. Hooked it on to the engine and used the hoist to lift it.
It was super sketchy and had to do it again to put the old engine onto the pallet.

Just looked at the 11th gen civic. This is probably the first time in my adult life seeing a new civic design and not hating it right away. Its not over the top and won't need time to get used to ( i thought the 10th gen hatch was ugly, then I got one ).

Not sure if its a good or bad thing though.

Last edited:
Morning. Finished that engine yesterday. Works been slow so I got to take my time. The new engine came on a pallet and the engine hoist legs wouldn't fit around it so I had to make due.
Found some rope with hooks on each end, wrapped the rope around a hoist arm until it was short. Hooked it on to the engine and used the hoist to lift it.
It was super sketchy and had to do it again to put the old engine onto the pallet.

Sounds super sketch. Glad that worked out though.

the 10th gen IS ugly

There. FTFY. :giggle:

Back