Nomars slow Type R build

I bought the Ridgeline black lug nuts since they were $50 shipped. Didn’t want to spend the $200 for the Type R specific ones from Honda accessories.
For some reason, I believe Honda used a different thread pitch on the R and the Ridgeline....which is odd, but that’s what I’ve read on the R forums.

Not getting the special socket. I’ll see how these hood up.

Back in the 8thGen days I bought the basic black lugs and they held up well.

The ones for the Civic or for another model like Nomar got?
im pretty sure they are all the same, they just jack up the price on different "models" to try and get people........its just a black ball seat lug nut but honda will try and upcharge for say a s2000 cr vs a ridgeline vs a civic

edit:
also you can score some good deals on ebay for the lugs if you are looking. mine were off a car that was crashed and i got all 20 lugs for $15 or something dumb like that and i got brand new in box black oem wheel locks which from a dealer are like $85 i got them for $30 shipped.

im pretty sure they are all the same, they just jack up the price on different "models" to try and get people........its just a black ball seat lug nut but honda will try and upcharge for say a s2000 cr vs a ridgeline vs a civic

edit:
also you can score some good deals on ebay for the lugs if you are looking. mine were off a car that was crashed and i got all 20 lugs for $15 or something dumb like that and i got brand new in box black oem wheel locks which from a dealer are like $85 i got them for $30 shipped.

Good thought. Thanks!

The Type R accessory lugs are def different than the Ridgeline ones that come standard with their black wheels. From what I read and saw on the forums, the Type R ones are longer and a nicer smooth finish.

Still not worth $150 more to me.

The Type R accessory lugs are def different than the Ridgeline ones that come standard with their black wheels. From what I read and saw on the forums, the Type R ones are longer and a nicer smooth finish.

Still not worth $150 more to me.

Nope. Not if the cheaper ones fit the same.

The black lug nuts arrived today. I ordered 20 but only received 10. Sent out an email in regards to the screw up. Prob won’t hear back till Monday.

Got bored and swapped out the 10 black lugs I had on the car.

There is def a height difference in the two lugs. The chrome ones are taller due to an extra space at the top of the lug that has no threads. Both lugs have 10 thread on each. Got 10 full turns and a little more on the black lugs.

Lugs now tuck in the wheels nicely.

AECD5F95-AEEA-4ADE-8F0D-67231F8AAE44.jpeg C1075028-AD98-451C-8D25-4760F50296CD.jpeg AAFC91AB-369C-4609-89F3-64B4C68351B2.jpeg C1F9E6E1-0BD2-4142-BB0C-CC0976A41ACE.jpeg

So I washed the car today and all that work I did to detail the car pretty much washed away.

It is barely beading in some sections and most of the car is not beading anymore. Complete horseshit! A regular wash wiped out a ceramic spray layer and a wax layer after a single wash. I used a citrus based Chemical Guys soap that I have been using for 2 years or so and also tried the Snow Foam soap from Chemical guys that I’ve used for 2 year also. Both of these soaps killed the wax and ceramic coat.

Ive used both of these soaps on the ST that had Maguiers ceramic spray and it held up for a few months.

I washed washed the car with foam, then with the stripping soap, then Iron X, quick hand wash, dry the car. Clay bar, ceramic spray...let that sit overnight and waxed the next day. Followed all the instructions on the bottles and let the ceramic spray cure for plenty of time.

I am never buying a Chemical Guys product again. Too many companies out there selling decent products.

Going to see if I can get my money back on the ceramic spray and wax. The stripping wash worked good so don’t mind paying for that. Bad part is the stoner kid working at the store didn’t give me a receipt and never emailed me one.

Might give the ceramic spray one last shot and not add wax on top but not holding my breath on it for good results.

Last edited:
is it possible that one of the shampoos bonded something to the ceramic instead of washing it out?

is it possible that one of the shampoos bonded something to the ceramic instead of washing it out?
During this wash or the last wash, during the detailing?

Downloaded the LogR from Honda on my phone. Pretty cool when the phone is plugged in to the car....

260B6704-D1AE-42AE-B162-259E6B7443CF.jpeg

Nice rock chip on one of the wheels. Time for a new set of Volks! Haha...I wish....

45B298EB-5BEF-40CF-BF0E-598051D41758.jpeg

Back