8th gen SI axle back on a 9th gen non SI?

Civic.

Hey guys, first post here, I found this 8th gen civic SI exhaust for sale for 150 CAD.
Is there a way to tell from the picture if it's from a 2 or 4 door? I sent a message to the seller, waiting for an answer.
Screenshot_20210512-084124.png

I just bought a 2013 LX 4 door last friday, I like the car, but I just wanna make it a bit more fun. Not expecting any performance out of this, just a little more sound.
Has anyone done this and how's the sound after? Will It sound like a raspy fart cannon?
Is there any other somewhat cheap alternatives? 9 or 10th gen si axle back maybe? I saw alot of SI exhausts get sold for much cheaper than aftermarket systems, and I don't really feel like putting a 4 inch muffler tip that's gonna get me pulled over. But if theres some good aftermarket budget options i'm all ears :)

Tldr: Does the 2006-2011 SI exhaust fit a 1.8L 9th gen?

Tldr2: Will this fit my Honda?

Taking a stab at this and I don't think that it will. I believe since the exhaust manifolds are routed differently, they wont bolt up correctly

The axle back portion will work from the 8th si on the 9th lx. You will need to bend the hangers, because you don’t have an exhaust cutout on your bumper. Others have done the swap no problem. If you don’t bend the hangers you will melt the rear bumper.

The axle back portion will work from the 8th si on the 9th lx. You will need to bend the hangers, because you don’t have an exhaust cutout on your bumper. Others have done the swap no problem. If you don’t bend the hangers you will melt the rear bumper.

Thanks for the answer, the guy flaked on the sale tho :/
What are my options realisticly for a budget exhaust upgrade? Call local junkyards to see if they have one in decent shape ?
Any aftermarket options that make sense money wise and won't get me the wrong kind of attention?

You guys look like a pretty cool community, glad to have found out about this forum. :rockwoot:

Yea I’d see if any junkyards/ebay/craigslist etc happen to have one. It would be the cheapest option and won’t be overly loud.

i put a si axle back on my lx 8th gen a when i had one. there was a noticeable noise difference but not drastic. anything aftermarket will be much louder. your cheapest option for something new would be yonaka. you can get it from garage16 in toronto.

Yea I’d see if any junkyards/ebay/craigslist etc happen to have one. It would be the cheapest option and won’t be overly loud.
I found some new ones on ebay, not sure if it's the correct one.
I dont want to post a ebay link idk if that is against the site rules.
The part number on ebay is 797549.
It says it is an exhaust muffler assembly from a 08-09 civic coupe.
If this isnt the correct part number can someone who is in the know tell me wich one to look for, i'm gonna call a few local shops here to see if they can source one.

The axle back portion is the same on the coupe si/sedan si from the 8th gen. If you find one 2006-2011 (si axle back) it’ll work.

Back