Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Just fixed a speed sensor issue on a new ram. Guy had another dealer throw a sensor at it and didn't fix it. Found a corroded wire in the harness. Would have easily known a sensor wouldn't fix the issue if the previous tech tested the wires.

Just a typical Wednesday. Got a Tacoma guy here that wants us to swap his damaged OE front bumper with some off-road style bumper, that's about it for right now

What's that gonna cost him?

Just fixed a speed sensor issue on a new ram. Guy had another dealer throw a sensor at it and didn't fix it. Found a corroded wire in the harness. Would have easily known a sensor wouldn't fix the issue if the previous tech tested the wires.

Like how new? That's crazy it's already corroded.

So the other dealer threw the sensor on it (under warranty) and sent him on his way?

So the other dealer threw the sensor on it (under warranty) and sent him on his way?
2021 with 11k miles. these things come from the factory with corrosion.
looks like the other dealer stripped back some of the loom on the wires but thats about as far as they went. there were many signs that pointed to a wiring issue and not a sensor issue before i even started diagnosing it. most techs will think that its too new for a wiring issue so they throw parts at it.

It's gonna be complicated. Insurance is paying for a new replacement bumper and this guy wants an upgrade. So we just bill the insurance the extra labor time to swap the bumper and that should be it

@Nomar06 not so deep down...

never should have sold mine
So did you put in a bid?

Bit too much silver/gray for me but would be a baller daily.

There was a nice/decent looking ‘01? manual prelude with 120k miles for $6000 bid when I saw the Accord also.

So did you put in a bid?

Bit too much silver/gray for me but would be a baller daily.

There was a nice/decent looking ‘01? manual prelude with 120k miles for $6000 bid when I saw the Accord also.
nah, id hold out for a sedan, plus mine was in better shape (minus the looming engine work)

i agree, red or blue on black interior for me. Had the silver car thing, its just not as exciting to put effort into cleaning

nah, id hold out for a sedan, plus mine was in better shape (minus the looming engine work)

i agree, red or blue on black interior for me. Had the silver car thing, its just not as exciting to put effort into cleaning
My (literal) homeboy Austin, fresh out of college en route to the Charlotte PD Academy is obnoxiously hot on that '01 Prelude with 120,000. After the potential purchase the first repair bill will exceed his net worth by 500%. Love the car in general (not this one) so doing what I can to sober him up. (And he doesn't even drink)

if you believe the list prices, this is $3,000 in parts in my lap right here (paid 120 for the "new" one)
IMG_5830.jpegIMG_5831.jpeg

and now all works as it should, faster even since now the car is running on LTE networks instead of legacy CDMA

Nice upgrade. I remember you talking about that like a month ago. I’d say it’s well worth the $120. It makes zero sense that they didn’t put a lte version in there from the start.

Back