So long friends, it's been fun.

DMS24

Nevada, USA
Vehicle Model
(Lexus) ES 300h
Well, as the title says, this is the end of the 'road' so to speak for me here. In the last two years I've made the transition from my college student years, to a real professional. For 9 years, my ol' 2012 EX has been with me, saw me through my undergrad and graduate degrees, an internship, unemployment, and finally a real job.
Last month I made the decision to replace her. Yesterday I put down a deposit on her replacement.
Out goes my Civic, and in comes a new 2021 Acura TLX, opted for an Advance SH-AWD.

So goodbye "Crystal," my old Civic, and here's to "Majesty," my new TLX! (once she arrives of course)

It's been fun with all of you since i joined in 2012, seeing how the 9th gen changed over the years. Special thanks to all those helpful folks who answered my tech questions, and even to those who just lurk.

:wave:

Well, as the title says, this is the end of the 'road' so to speak for me here. In the last two years I've made the transition from my college student years, to a real professional. For 9 years, my ol' 2012 EX has been with me, saw me through my undergrad and graduate degrees, an internship, unemployment, and finally a real job.
Last month I made the decision to replace her. Yesterday I put down a deposit on her replacement.
Out goes my Civic, and in comes a new 2021 Acura TLX, opted for an Advance SH-AWD.

So goodbye "Crystal," my old Civic, and here's to "Majesty," my new TLX! (once she arrives of course)

It's been fun with all of you since i joined in 2012, seeing how the 9th gen changed over the years. Special thanks to all those helpful folks who answered my tech questions, and even to those who just lurk.

:wave:
Congrats on the new TLX :thumb:
When she arrives share some pictures with us here. :)

Well, In traditional fashion some issues were had upon arrival. Ended up rejecting the delivery today. Came really close to bailing on the sale, but gave dealer the chance to make it right.
Found a door ding that will be waiting on PDR, interior was dirty, random marks on interior B-pillar.
Hopefully they get it corrected for the next attempt.
2021-10-23 16.14.32-1.jpg

Other than that I sent my old Civic on its way. Didn't end up getting anyone I knew to buy it, so sold it to a megadealer. They had a surprisingly high offer. Basically my 2012 EX only cost me $3000 to own for those 9 years plus taxes/registration paid. So I guess I benefited from this stupid virus junk.

I feel like that is a something most will likely never experience in their lifetime :thumb:
It's nuts. Never seen simple cars sell for double the trade value. Though, I also attribute this to my aggressive haggling on my new cars :)

Whelp, that didn't work out. Turns out the door ding damaged all layers of paint. Dealer offered to let me bail. Good thing I rejected it before delivery.
On to something else now...

Whelp, that didn't work out. Turns out the door ding damaged all layers of paint. Dealer offered to let me bail. Good thing I rejected it before delivery.
On to something else now...

Damn! Sorry to hear. :(

dont want to get the door fixed?

if they made cars like this rwd it would be so much better.

dont want to get the door fixed?

if they made cars like this rwd it would be so much better.
This is one of those "straws that broke the camel's back" things with this dealer. Bad service, and a car that was not ready for delivery. Notwithstanding the "KARR" security module that was cut/spliced into the wiring.
So a $50k (USD) car had a voided warranty on any wire that module touched, even after removal. Adding in paint repair to devalue the car makes this a hard pass.
I'll take ownership of any damage that happens under my watch, but I do not accept damage before delivery.

Edit: I should add that the originating dealer put the security crap in, my dealer did not know about it until I asked about the sticker I saw on window.

This is one of those "straws that broke the camel's back" things with this dealer. Bad service, and a car that was not ready for delivery. Notwithstanding the "KARR" security module that was cut/spliced into the wiring.
So a $50k (USD) car had a voided warranty on any wire that module touched, even after removal. Adding in paint repair to devalue the car makes this a hard pass.
I'll take ownership of any damage that happens under my watch, but I do not accept damage before delivery.

Edit: I should add that the originating dealer put the security crap in, my dealer did not know about it until I asked about the sticker I saw on window.
is this a brand new vehicle or slightly used?

Got my refund today. Actually got a glance at the car. I came unannounced and I don't think they wanted me to see the car again. Turns out they buffed the damage away. So I think they lied to me, the damage is almost gone, to the point that with my handheld flashlight it was hard to see. The sales guy claimed it needed paint. Looking back, they wanted me to cancel sale so they could see at a higher price.
Another couple was in the process of driving it off the lot at the time, seemingly unaware anything was wrong with this car. The rather blunt sales person explained several times that it was sold, despite me saying I didn't want to buy it again at that point. Got the sense I was unwelcome at the dealership now, only because I rejected their car that they did not prepare.
He seemed quite happy about the other couple evidently paying more than I did.
Needless to say, that's it with me and that dealer, I don't plan on getting anything from them in the future, sales or service.
I won't bash the dealership here on the forum, but will say it was the worst experience that myself or anyone in my family has experienced.

What a mess. I’d let Acura Corp know, and I feel like it wouldn’t hurt to leave reviews about the dealer online.

Acura corporate
Phone General
(800) 382-2238 toll free
Monday through Friday
6:00am to 5:00pm Pacific

Back