What are you having for dinner?

one of the chefs table features (season 1 episode 5) is in Philly, i've been meaning to go down and get her food

she sells barbacoa by the lb and people line up early in the morning to get it.

First time smoking with the Weber using the snake method. Had it going for about an hour and a half. Went out and bought an oven thermometer and didn't realize the temp was like 150f. So that sucks. Might be a late dinner. Added more coal to the snake in hopes of getting the temp up to 250ish.

It takes some fiddling with the vents and creative stacking of coals, but i used to be able to get the webber to hang out around 250 and stick there pretty consistently

Yeah. It probably depends on the charcoal used as well. I ended up adding a bunch more to get the heat up. On hour 4 sitting at 192F almost ready to take them off.

turns out ok. the temp probe started dropping temp at the end so i was confused. ended up over cooking them i think. also never moved them around and i think the two in front dried out, some were still pretty juicy. tasted amazing. want to do a brisket next.
20220911_194349.jpg
T

Like my bun baking days.

I think I’ll do some more pretzel buns tomorrow. Those were delicious. Make some sandwiches for the week. 43A45FEA-FD39-4752-B2C3-8231F975E75D.jpeg

No pictures. Sorry.

Fresh homemade raviolis with ricotta, spinach and sausage in a brown butter and sage sauce. Side of homemade baguette with oil and vinegar dipping sauces.

Lady is learning to make cocktails, so she made herself a paper plane and for me, an old fashioned.

No pictures. Sorry.

Fresh homemade raviolis with ricotta, spinach and sausage in a brown butter and sage sauce. Side of homemade baguette with oil and vinegar dipping sauces.

Lady is learning to make cocktails, so she made herself a paper plane and for me, an old fashioned.

That sounds wonderful! When are you making it again? And the old fashioned too! lol

To answer your question - tonight is leftovers. We froze the ravioli we didn’t use. So, I’ll be making it again tonight.

Back