Top 20 Insurers - Customer Ratings

No surprise that USAA is #1. No one ever comes close to their level of service and pricing.

you have them? rates expensive compared to others?
I've had USAA since 2003. The. Best.

I pay $690.21 every six months for my 2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan for the following coverage:
  • Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000/50,000 per person/per accident
  • Property Damage Liability: $20,000 per accident
  • Uninsured Motorists
  • Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury: $25,000/50,000 per person/per accident
  • Uninsured Motorists Property Damage: $20,000 per accident
  • Medical Expense Benefits: $10,000 per person
  • Income Loss Benefits: $100 per person per week
  • Other Than Collision: $0 deductible
  • Collision: $50 deductible per occurrence
  • Accident Forgiveness
  • Transportation Expenses: $600 maximum
  • Towing & Labor: $25 minimum per disablement
The next closest was Progressive for over $1000 every six months...but that price only included minimum liability, comp, and collision with a $500 deductible and NONE of those extras I listed above.

USAA blows them all out of the water for that fact alone, not to mention that their Customer Service has been spectacular.

Allstate is #9....guess that's not bad. Where the heck is Amica? They always rave on their commercials that they have been #1 in cust services since the ages ago and brag about comsumer reports awards.

Some of these are new to me. Like I've never seen a print ad, radio ad, internet ad, or tv commercial on some of these. Seems like you can't go more than a few minutes without seeing/hearing:
progressive
state farm
Geico
Allstate
nationwide

My experience at least

I have progressive on all my cars. They have accident forgiveness and other goodies, which I believe is tied to being with them for a minimum number of years.

I will definitely check out USAA though.

I don't carry insurance with the same company on anymore than one type of thing (cars, motorcycles, home, life, health, etc.) all separate. I find my rates and coverage are best this way - so far.

I should mention that USAA is only available to military members and their immediate family members (wife/husband and kids). If you fall into that category, then switch to them immediately.

I'm happy with nationwide. Took insurance classes, so I carry way above state minimums because I was shown how minimum coverages can come back to bite you in the butt.

I pay 186/mo for the following vehicles/coverage:

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS
2013 Scion FR-S

• Bodily Injury Liability: $100,000/300,000 per person/per accident
  • Property Damage Liability: $100,000 per accident
  • Uninsured Motorists
  • Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury: $100,000/300,000 per person/per accident
  • Uninsured Motorists Property Damage: $100,000 per accident
  • Medical Expense Benefits: $10,000 per person
  • Comprehensive: $0 deductible
  • Collision: $100 deductible per occurrence
  • Accident Forgiveness
  • Rental Car Reimbursement up to 900
  • New Car Replacement
  • Gap Insurance
I just recently switched to them because they also have my homeowners, therefore, they were able to beat State Farm.

I have progressive and love them.. 600 bucks every 6 months for pretty much top of line, don't remember all the details...

I have Allstate, full coverage, similar or better to the coverage above, $0 deductible for Comp and I pay $456 every 6 months or $76 a month.

I should mention that USAA is only available to military members and their immediate family members (wife/husband and kids). If you fall into that category, then switch to them immediately.

So, if my father served 9 years in the air force, I would be eligible?

Tough to do, as he passed away in 1999. Gotta find his SSN to submit to see if I would qualify (per their website).

$136/mo for with USAA, upped my coverage from the state minimum, since they recommended it to me. Great Customer service overall

Back