0 Miles Left

taymar7219

Hi,

A few days ago, I did some tests on my car. I wanted to know how much mileage is left in the tank when you have 0 miles on the i-MiD and the gas meter is empty.

First, I would like to share some specs so everyone can know what car I did the test on

Year: 2013
Make: Honda
Model: Civic
Trim: LX
Transmission: Automatic
Fuel: 87

Excited, I put a 5-gallon jerry can in my trunk and set off. I started with 0 miles left on the screen and set off. I drove around backstreets and places where cars are not everyday driving. I made sure to go moderately with Econ. I did some acceleration and some deceleration. The gas will last longer if you drive without speeding up or slowing down like typically found on the highway. About 45 miles in, my engine started to sputter, and just like that, it died. I managed to drive around 46.7 miles on 0 miles. I filled up my tank with 5 gallons and headed off.

To all Honda Civic Owners, at least those who own 2013 LX, EX, EX-L Models, you can finally rest easy knowing that the second it gets to 0 miles, it will not die, and you should make it home depending on how far your commute is.

Also, I wanted to leave this note to all people who will reply and say, "Oh, you shouldn't do that to your engine." To be honest with you, it's my car, thanks for your advice but I'll deal with that problem if it ever comes up.

If You have done this test on any other 9th gen model, let me know!

With my Si, I can safely go 50 miles after the gas light goes on under typical driving. I dare dnot do this experiment over the last 10 years but that’s pretty cool @taymar7219.

Back