8th Gen 110% Lagom! My 8th gen.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
110% Lagom!!! Not good, not bad.... but.... Just enough! Lagom doesn't really translate to english well. Look it up on google for a long drawn out explanation. I think it fits just right though.

lagom2.jpg

Total Rice BTW. I have already been shamed for my blue LEDs by @MrsJrotax101 and @jrotax101

editpreviewj.jpg

In any case I don't have a more recent pic. This is just after my retrofit headlight install. Things look slightly different now. Maybe I'll take a new pic this week.

Mods:

suspension
Koni Yellows

Neuspeed Sport Springs (1.6" claimed drop)

Skunk2 Rear Camber Arms

Progress 22mm Rear Sway Bar

Ingalls Front Camber bolts

MOOG Endlinks

Energy Sway Bar Bushings

Front Acura RSX Lower Control Arm Hard Poly Bushings.
(These replace the Honda compliance bushings. They hold the wheel to the ground really really hard compared to the stock ones.)

Performance alignment: -1.2 F , -0.8 R , 0 Toe all around.

Wheels:

Cheap *** Konig Feathers (17lbs, light!) 17x7.5 +45 - stock fitment. Boring.

Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires in 225/45/17 - these suck. dont buy them.

Everything else:

Intake resonator delete and K&N drop in filter. (pretty dang good for a free mod and filter only)

8th gen Si axle back muffler

Lexus RX330 projector retrofits

Blue LEDs and Halos - I know I know.... I thought they were cool at first.

LED strip in trunk, LEDs all over the interior, LED strips in the footwells that are tied into the dome light. They fade on and off with the dome. Kinda cool.

Some vinyl work, some plasti dip. Eh who cares right?

Powdercoated Drum Brake Drums.

Finally a Nix build thread!! The lights look cool, don't take that shame crap from anyone!! Haha

Reactions: Nix
Sweet bo-jesus... opening the whole headlight just to swap strips... that is a lot of work! They are on the inside in the small gap around the high beams. Used to be an orange reflective piece there...

How about a shot of it buried, taken from inside since I didn't want to even go out to shoot over the railing.... hahahah

Winter Wheel Setup - Stock 16" steelies with Dunlop Graspic DS-2 Snow Tires 205/55/16 (these tires are awesome.)

snow28.jpg

When are you gonna boost it? I remember you talking about jackson racing's supercharger

Yeah, I had looked into it but I decided that as cool as that would be, for the $3k S/C, $1k flashpro, and then another $1k or so in intake manifold/tuning/cam that I would keep the LX super reliable and fun to drive and put the $5k towards a proper track car. (shopping is in progress)

If this was a 5-speed I would probably go ahead and get the S/C since there is enough room for an intercooler and you can definitely acheive ~250whp. In that range I would be pretty satisfied. With the AT I am limited to maybe 180hp. I get excited when I see other people with EX/LX manuals since they have a really good opportunity for some surprise power.

Addendum to previous post: If my transmission should fail at some point soon, I will undertake the horrible task of converting to a 5-spd simply to be able to run the S/C.

No more snow for you @Nix . It's a blizzard in here!

Thanks man. Might have a couple more small changes coming up. Nothing too big though. Redo some plasti dip on the front "lip" once the weather warms up a bit. New front grill. I got a white Si grill I might put on. Have to get a new emblem for the front and the backing piece still. I could have reused the backing but the fake JDM emblem I put on it didn't contour correctly so I super glued it on thinking I would never need to take it off. It's got a vinyl overlay on it though so it doesn't have the "Rudolph" effect. hahahaha.

So after much debate and wanting to buy something new I have decided I am going to keep this car for quite a bit longer and save up for the highly impractical, old, and unreliable car that I really lust after. That said, it made the decision to upgrade the latest weak link on the car that much easier.

Currently in transit: All new brakes on all 4 corners. Upgrading the rear drums to discs and putting TSX calipers on the front.

The calipers are the same on the TSX as the v6 Accord Coupe EXL. Coupe only, not sedan. Also they are about $150 cheaper each if you get the Accord part number instead of the TSX part number. Acura dealer markup......pssh....

2012 Honda ACCORD FR/R BRAKE CALIPER 45018-SDP-A01

2012 Honda ACCORD FR/L BRAKE CALIPER 45019-SDP-A01

2009 Honda CIVIC RR/L SPINDLE KNUCKLE

2009 Honda CIVIC RR/R BRAKE CALIPER

2009 Honda CIVIC RR/L BRAKE CALIPER

2009 Honda CIVIC RR/R SPINDLE W/KNUCKLE

New rotors and pads all around.

Back