• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

11thcivic - 2022 Honda Civic Unveiling April 28th 2021

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
Suspect you're right... and letting the pros do it means a warranty!

In addition to the 360hp spec at 4Piston, I've thought about asking another guy who happens to be out here in Cali, "Papadakis": View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckxlP60cnY
He's been a 2JZ kind of guy lately,,, fantastic engine, just not my cup off tea right now. Besides, I think I like the idea of buying a custom engine a lot more than the practicality of living with a custom engine in an older, aging vehicle that is certain to suffer from other expensive repairs that will make me regret the whole thing even before the new engine is broken in.

Imagine a custom built, fire-breathing monster engine, for example, in a car that has 150,000 miles on it. Really going to spend $10k on a new engine for a 15 yr. old beater? I'm not feelin' it. Most K24's will last at least that long, and generally 200,000. Of course you could do the swap a lot sooner too.... but are you going to just throw away a perfectly good engine at 50,000?

It's as if 75 - 90% of the engine builders out there work their craft specifically for racing and track applications... not for guys who want to run their old street Hondas another 150,000 miles.

ethlar

Grumpy Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Philly
Vehicle Model
TLX 3.5 SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
so the US Si is like a LX trim but the Canadian version is based on a Touring?

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
When I heard her introduce HondaProJason I almost stopped the video... :barf:

So... Canada gets more options for less than us.. smh

ethlar

Grumpy Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Philly
Vehicle Model
TLX 3.5 SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
I feel like were going to have another one of those Japanese formal public apologies soon from the execs like they did back in ~2012 over the civic, where they have to apologize that they thought the public would still buy fuel economical hondas that were built cheaply if they were still fuel economical and fun to drive, but they realized they were neither and still built cheaply and sold it anyway

ethlar

Grumpy Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Philly
Vehicle Model
TLX 3.5 SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
When I heard her introduce HondaProJason I almost stopped the video... :barf:

So... Canada gets more options for less than us.. smh
his early stuff was ok, honestly his delivery feels like hes dead inside, like working a satellite media tour and the talent has to "greet" every major media market news anchor by name for taped segments and halfway through theyre just over it

Dad

Toys For Tots
Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
The rear spoiler doesn't even look like it fits the contour of the deck lid