1990 integra gs

Dahws

Hi guys. Need some advice. I found a 1990 Acura integra GS one owner with 112,000 miles. Everything checks out on the Carfax and it looks pretty clean on the outside and inside. How much do you guys think I should pay for ithe has it for 2500 and is willing to go down to 2000 after negotiations. From what I could tell I need a driver side door wouldn't open which she said is about a $100 fix although I think it's more.

Even the original factory stereo is inside. My main concerns are safety and parts or the availability of parts later on in the future for repairs would those be expensive? any other tips or ideas?

And yes I know this car is where and hard-to-find but I want to make sure I'm not putting myself into a hole.

Thanks in advance.

Dude thats not bad at all! Thats really low, The one i am about to buy has 190k and guy wants 1300 for it lol. But its not a GS its a RS. I love DA's but one problem I always had and a couple of my friends had was the Main relay on these cars would always go out on me in hot summer days and i would always have to go to a junk yard to replace it.

I just feel uncomfortable because it's such a old car and I've never bought something like this. It's really clean though and hard to pass up.

Oh by the way, it's an automatic... Still think I should go for it?

Is this going to be your project or winter beater? When you said it's automatic it actually turned me off.:(

Just a second car. I know trust me. That's probably why he wants me to buy it and is willing to go lower. If it was stick I'd pay asking price...

Prolly for the wifey as well she likes it a lot. How hard is it to fix the main relay?

DA parts are cheap and plentiful, I've never had to do a main relay on one, but that's is fairly common from what I've heard. I would fine a 5sp if it was me. Another common problem is water leaking on to the passenger floor. For what is worth I wouldn't pay over $1500 for and 90-91 or $2000 for a 92-93 unless it was a mint gsr.

He's come down to 1800 but I'm going to go in at 1650 and that's it. My top was $1500. From what I saw (snowing) it looked pretty damn near mint. I'm going to take another look at it tomorrow hopefully more sunshine and then decide from there...

I know I may have to spend some money here and there but this kind of a car in this condition isn't that bad of a deal... Right?

The only other issue that is bothering is the transmission in this older car since this is an automatic. Do you think I have anything to worry about on that end?

I've never had an auto DA, but I would assume it would be as reliable as any other Honda auto of that age and miles. Not sure where your from, but look for rust near the spare, rear wheel wells, and look for signs of water on the floor. Over all they are sold cars. A GS would be the more pleasant of the trims for a daily.

This was my last da
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419662314.921451.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419662324.841739.jpg

Check this out buddy, http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelay.html My last DB1 had 300K Miles on the chassis and 50k on the b20 i put in. Last i checked its still goin strong :) Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions!

2nm0k75.jpg

Thanks man. Here's a pic. Decided to go through with it. I love it and wife loves it too. There's a squealing sound when driving towards the left side on drivers side and I think I read somewhere it may be the speedo wire as that is shaking intermittently.

Regardless, this car is mint.

EDIT: Wanted to thank everyone again for their help. Car is smooth slick and clean. Very reliable. Keep it till it dies. Just needs some good cleaning and wax. Keep it nice like my Si. Haha.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419736147.626657.jpg

Back