1st Post

bilzfan

Johnson City, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I'm picking up my 2013 Dyno Blue Pearl Civic Si sedan in about two hours. I'm trading my 2009 Sedona Red BMW 128i this afternoon.

My wife of thirty years has told me I can't buy a Honda, but that I can buy a Acura ILX, or another BMW128i. I couldn't resist another Honda with all the increased content of the 2013, at such a good price.

This isn't the first time I've bought a car without her knowing ahead of time. She and I love driving our cars. I should add that these are the current cars we have:

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 6 speed Milano Red - Janet's car, I bought this for her to use without asking and she loves it.
2009 BMW 128i 6 speed Sedona Red - My daily driver for two more hours
2008 Mazda 5 Minivan Auto Stormy Blue Mica - We use it mainly for trips with our 2 college age boys
2007 Honda S2000 Rio Yellow - Our toy, Janet drives it on her days off and I drive it to work in the good weather, and on day trips with Janet.

I will miss the torque of the 128i, but and looking forward to the increased torque from the previous Si sedans that I've owned.

Welcome. Haha. Allowed to drive an Acura, but not a Honda.....except if its an S2000. Okay, got it. :)

welcome - and congrats on the new ride. Post some pics when you get it

Welcome. Haha. Allowed to drive an Acura, but not a Honda.....except if its an S2000. Okay, got it. :)
I know it sounds ridiculous to me too. She had an RSX for about 5 or 6 years and liked the reaction when people noticed she drove an Acura. So now it is a status symbol to her. I have put less than 10 miles on the new Si and I'm still waiting for Janet to come home and find the Si parked out front. This should be interesting. :escaper:

De badge that thing quick! Haha
Put Acura rims on it. Ya ya. I like this idea. See signature. :)

De badge that thing quick! Haha
Put Acura rims on it. Ya ya. I like this idea. See signature. :)

By the way, I like the CSX wheels. I've got a set of 17" RSX wheels as well as the winter 16s". I'm planning on finishing the 17s" in a darker gunmetal and installing summer tires on the 17s". Now I'll need another set of Acura center caps. :hmmm?:

Did you get the Navi? That Si s full of enough bells and whistles to impress.
No Navi this time. I have really high end Garmin. I'm going to hard wire it in.

She has navi in the CR-Z (EX) and really likes it.

I plan on doing an HID projector retro of the headlights for the Si. I had 2007 Si sedan with Navi, but it didn't have a lot of the features that you can get now. It was Galaxy Grey and had the full HFP kit and matching gray HFP wheels. That car looked pretty sweet

Those look awesome. Both @hotdogjohnny and @thevietkid33 have those on their rides.

View attachment 30356
Yeah, They do look sweet.

I like the classic thin five spoke look.

I bought a rough set, stripped them back in the summer, but haven't had the place and time to repaint them yet.

Our S2000 has a set of Club Racer (S2000 CR) wheels on it. CR wheels are darker than normal S2000 wheels but have the same five spoke pattern. I love that darker gunmetal look, so I'm gonna go for that same color.

I really like the CSX wheels as well but they are pretty hard to source.

ohhh mannnn. I want the BMW :rotfl:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your wife! :rotfl:
Well. Janet was definitely not happy. It was already dark when she got home so she couldn't see that nice blue paint. I asked her to go out to dinner before she came home and we used the Si to go to dinner :lemonade:. She did ask me to swap cars with her tomorrow, so there is hope that when she gets a little VTEC goin' on, she will smile. :vtec:

I get to drive a little red CR-Z with antlers and a red nose. :tree:

Back