2 step launch control?

Michael Perez

Miami, FL
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I met a guy today with an FG4 and a custom tune with launch control set a 3000 rpm when he showed me I almost fell over. It sounded, for a lack of better words, like sex. :leghump:I want that lol. Is that something VitViper could do? I would imagine it would help with runs from a dig. How does the whole tuning aspect of it work?

I believe it's an option that is even easy enough for anyone to set in the FlashPro Manager as long as you don't touch anything else. There is a section there for launch control and it has an upper and lower limit for you to set.

EDIT: It is under the "Rev Limits" section in the Calibration window.

Last edited:
Oh I see. So it won't engaged at regular driving? Only a complete stop with the clutch in?

It's made for track use.... 1/4 mile launches etc. Car needs to be stopped to use it.

How do you cancel it if something comes up(LEO, or red flag) , and you don't want to launch ?

Last edited:
You control it by pushing the gas UP to the desired launch rpm. So by purely letting off of the gas, you're not launching the car.

On my teg id have to slam the peddle to the floor on a full stop and hold and it activates but make sure its in first gear while holding clutch down

So clutch 1st gear hold then take foot off of brake and slam gas to foor and hold to activate while its bouncing let go of clutch and the car takes off .

I was just messin around after reading this thread and I cant go past like 4000 or something either in my LX, so i guess all civics have the limiter

I was just messin around after reading this thread and I cant go past like 4000 or something either in my LX, so i guess all civics have the limiter

The new civic Lx ex etc now a true VTEC system. That's why you can't go pass 4 while sitting still VTEC activates at 5k now the 06-11 civic base models didn't have that. But it's cool to have makes launching that much easier

Back