2012 Honda Civic Si Information

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
With more power, a lighter chassis and stiffer suspension, the next-generation Si is ready to rule.
gal_lg1.jpg

More Muscle
Under the hood for 2012 is a 2.4-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC® engine that produces 201 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque. That's a 22 percent increase in torque over the previous generation of Si engines.

Less Weight
Weight-saving technologies and improved aerodynamics result in a new Si that's leaner and meaner. And because it's a Civic, it still gets an impressive 22 city/31 highway mpg[1].

Shift into Awesome
The smooth-shifting 6-speed manual transmission is perfectly paired with the Si's helical limited-slip differential for the utmost in handling and control.

The Si's instrument panel is home to a new, improved Sequential rev-limit indicator. Instead of a single shift light, a series of six sequential lights indicate rising engine speed. And when you get into the right rev range, a bright i-VTEC®light is your reward.

[1] 22 city/31 hwy/25 combined mpg. Based on 2012 EPA mileage estimates.

• Staff
When we say the 2012 Civic is "next-generation," we aren't kidding.

Personalized Performance
The Si has a special version of the intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID). It sits front and center in the Civic's instrument panel, and can be set to show the info you need most, like current fuel economy and audio system information.

Power You Can Feel, and See
Use the i-MID to display fuel consumption information, audio status, or even your own personalized wallpaper image. And in the Civic Si, the i-MID also includes a unique power monitor mode, which shows current engine output as a percentage of peak horsepower.

A Wireless Wonder
Not only does the i-MID display your Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®[1] status so you can make hands-free calls, the system is also ready for Bluetooth® Audio. Pair your compatible phone or player, and stream your music right through the Si sound system. Just one more of the i-MID’s many magical abilities.
interior_header.jpg

Great information about this new 9th generation 2012 Honda Civic Si! Very impressed. I'm going to look at more pictures now!

Exactly. A big dumb grass eating mammal meat bag and a bottom feeding ocean dwelling bug. Torque, defined absolutely. :giggle:

Really though, more torque will help propel this car (both literally and figuratively) into a more competitive offering again. It's a shame the redline has been reduced though - the revvy nature of the K20Z3 is very fun.

The tendency of the K20Z3 to offer high revolutions per minute counts on the tachometer during wide open throttle application has resulted in flexing of my facial muscles into a "smile" type configuration many times. Certainly an easier way to explain things :stickpoke:

LOVE the interior, but HATE the exterior! If they could put that interior in the 8th gen (6th gen si) I would buy another one. I don't think it looks sporty at all. And none of the body lines match. Kinda looks like they were trying to look like the Hyundai Genesis, but I don't think they did that very well.

He's just marking his territory.. :giggle:

On a serious note, HFP options? I'm not digging what I've seen so far for those. Also, what will the international model look like?

Considering the trend with new cars becoming increasingly heavier than their ancestors in order to meet safety regulations and whatnot in the U.S., I was skeptical that the new Civic was going to weigh in under the 1 1/2-ton mark (3000 lbs). To see that it is virtually the same curb weight as the previous generation, especially the Si model, makes me optimistic as to how the new Si will perform in comparison to its predecessor considering the new powertrain and upgraded suspension.

He's just marking his territory.. :giggle:

On a serious note, HFP options? I'm not digging what I've seen so far for those. Also, what will the international model look like?

I don't believe there are any plans for an international model as Honda discontinued the FD chassis last November. I haven't heard any news regarding a successor.

Considering the trend with new cars becoming increasingly heavier than their ancestors in order to meet safety regulations and whatnot in the U.S., I was skeptical that the new Civic was going to weigh in under the 1 1/2-ton mark (3000 lbs). To see that it is virtually the same curb weight as the previous generation, especially the Si model, makes me optimistic as to how the new Si will perform in comparison to its predecessor considering the new powertrain and upgraded suspension.

I don't believe there are any plans for an international model as Honda discontinued the FD chassis last November. I haven't heard any news regarding a successor.
So are you saying the Civic might just be an exclusive US model?! No wayyyyyy.

Back