2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan Correction w/ Cquartz Finest

Twistedframe

I had my long time friend, JasonAndre stop by the garage today to get his 2012 Si sedan polished out and coated with Cquartz Finest.

He showed up with his Polished Metallic 2012 Si Sedan that was in great shape, but was in need of a bit of TLC. We started by cleaning it all up with a rinseless wash, followed by a light claying to remove some surface contaminants. The paint was in good shape, so we went with a light polish, M205, to remove the light swirls that were present on the paint. The sun didn't cooperate with us until the very end of the detail, and the swirls were very light so we didn't get any before pics.

After the polishing we wiped the paint, glass, and trim down with Car Pro Eraser and then applied two thick coats of Car Pro Cquartz Finest for protection. This is a silica coating that comes with a 2 year warranty and will help prevent minor swirls as well as repel dirt and water much better than standard waxes. It also gives an amazing gloss to any paint. Here is how the car turned out.

Here is the sun trying to peak out from behind the cloud to show the swirl free finish!

I want to thank Jason for stopping by and having us work on his car, we had a blast and were very happy with the finished product! Thanks for looking!

heck yeah! So did you end up applying it to the clearbra areas as well?

heck yeah! So did you end up applying it to the clearbra areas as well?
Yep. It goes over clear bra perfectly and adds another layer of protection.
Great work ...

where to buy Cquartz Finest ?
Thanks! Finest is only installed by authorized detailers but you can get the normal Cquartz coating from most detailing stores. It is great too, just not as durable as Finest.

Yep. It goes over clear bra perfectly and adds another layer of protection.

Thanks! Finest is only installed by authorized detailers but you can get the normal Cquartz coating from most detailing stores. It is great too, just not as durable as Finest.

Why???? just to keep it fancy.... I'll stick with the sealant .. thanks

A sealant will not last as long.

Why???? just to keep it fancy.... I'll stick with the sealant .. thanks
I'm sure that is part of their marketing, but the main reason is to control the warranty. If you offer a warranty to everyone who tried to install it they would be paying out tons of money/product to people who just applied it incorrectly.

I thought my car was just fine after a year of regular wash and waxes, but you should have seen the difference...it's incredible! Once the sun came out later on that day, my jaw dropped. I wanted the Cquartz application in order to cover the rest of my car that wasn't covered by the clearbra I slaved over last year.

Twistedframe and his verbally abused sidekick did a phenomenal job!

Finest is only installed by authorized detailers but you can get the normal Cquartz coating from most detailing stores. It is great too, just not as durable as Finest.
Where to find dealers/installers?

now to take pics with that new camera!
Yeah, that was my plan that day. When I came back downstairs, the landscapers blew cut grass all over my car.
Now it's filthy and full of pollen. I'll try again after the next wash.

KDpaLJP.jpg

They are the ones who worked on the molded interior of an Audi. I think webby knows about this. Lol.
Moldy-Steering-Wheel-600x401.jpg

Back