2013 civic si!

budurka29

I just bought a brand new 2013 civic si and i got a kicker comp 12 in it! Hit so hard it blew off my plate!

ugevajun.jpg

avy3utan.jpg

One question i have is i have the trunk cover so my box doesnt lay flat theres those spaces and it slides around and when it hits it jumps how can i stop that!?

You most likely going to need brackets and bolts.

Yep. You would bolt it to the removable panel (and through the trunk tray) that covers the spare tire. There are other possible solutions, but they may take a bit more ingenuity depending on where you want the box to stay, how you want it to look, and how many holes you may be willing to put into various parts of the trunk.

I usually mount mine to the box itself. Otherwise, wherever you want.

My friend told me not to mount it to the box cause then it takes all that vibration

That vibration is going to be in the entire trunk regardless. It is essentially a box within a box.

Yea i no i just thought about that ... But as u can see my box is laying down speaker up not out so i dont even have room

What about to hide the wire the only help iv seen was to take the one screw off the locking trunk but thats it does the door mold then just pop off?

Not sure what you mean by one screw off the locking trunk?

Thanks its my first honda and my first brand new vehicle ! At 19 im doing pretty good

Welcome to the forum. I wish I had an Si at 19. I had a light blue 8 year old Charger.

Enjoy the car. They're a lot of fun.

Thanks every1!!! I joined here cause every1 seems so friendly i like that alot

nice ride man and congrats!

but as far as your amp you NEED to get that bolted down for your safety you cant have that just sliding around in your trunk. the reason you dont want it sliding around back there is because if you take a corner and the power cable come out of your amp you have a hot +12v wire kicking around in the back of your car.

this is how i have my amp mounted as said before some people mount to their box but mines right to the back seat.
WP_20140221_12_46_06_Pro.jpg

welcome to the site. If you check out the audio forum here you'll see some other threads where users have pics of their setups. The back seat like Nat3d has done isn't a bad idea.

Back