2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info Discussed

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda Civic Redesign Info Discussed

13_G.sized.jpg

Honda Motor Co. has started a rush effort to improve and redesign its recently launched Civic compact in a bid to restore the vehicle’s competitive standing, according to dealers briefed on the move.

Honda plans to restyle the car’s front and rear ends, make its interior more plush and luxurious, and boost its fuel economy in hopes of reaching 40 miles per gallon in highway driving, said the dealers, attending a conference here.
The redesigned version will be launched late in 2012 as the 2013 version of the car, they said. The car was unveiled earlier this year and was met with disappointing reviews, although it remains a top seller among compact cars. A Honda spokesman had no immediate comment on the dealer meeting.

The effort to improve the Civic is part of a broader push by Honda to regain its competitive footing in the U.S. market, its largest and most profitable. At the meeting here, Honda showed the new version of the CR-V sport-utility vehicle due to be unveiled next month at the Detroit auto show, and showed renderings of the new Accord coupe, which will preview the look of an updated version of the company’s flagship midsized sedan, the dealers said.

With those new models coming into dealerships next year, Honda executives said the company is aiming to boost its U.S. vehicle sales in 2012 to 1.25 million vehicles, according to dealers who attended the day-long convention.

===

4 items mentioned for redesign in this article:
1) restyle the car’s front end
2) restyle the car's rear end
3) make its interior more plush and luxurious
4) boost its fuel economy in hopes of reaching 40 miles per gallon in highway driving

I'm really curious to see what comes out of all of this

• Staff
Note: nothing was said specifically pertaining to the SI trim. Obviously they're not getting 40mpg out of the SI, and the interior is different in the SI as well.

• Staff
I am picturing larger changes to the non-si models, but time will tell.

Note: nothing was said specifically pertaining to the SI trim. Obviously they're not getting 40mpg out of the SI, and the interior is different in the SI as well.
I doubt they would do the other trims and not the Si btu time will tell

you think they'll do an all new interior in the SI?

I think the redesign will also affect the Si as well

So what it a lot of people say negative things about the 9th gens...I still love it, because it's my first ever manual car I've ever owned and learned to drive a stick shift with and it's my first bought brand new car with my own money. We'll see if the 9.5 gens are that "Great". BUT let's hope some of the new redesign Civic parts are interchangeable :dancing1:

that's actually a good point... a lot of the parts could be potentially swapped

that's actually a good point... a lot of the parts could be potentially swapped
Yea..well, let's hope so.. If the front bumper and rear bumper are revised but are interchangeable I'd swap 'em over only if the Si version are more aggressive especially for the sedans.

If they do modify the cars, I hope they give sedan owners a chance for an HFP kit. Kinda unfair to only have it for the coupe. I love it on mine and I think it would really make the sedans shine too

So what it a lot of people say negative things about the 9th gens...I still love it, because it's my first ever manual car I've ever owned and learned to drive a stick shift with and it's my first bought brand new car with my own money. We'll see if the 9.5 gens are that "Great". BUT let's hope some of the new redesign Civic parts are interchangeable :dancing1:
my first new car also!

Back