2013 SI Rock Chip with Scratches

jayt101

Hello All,

Today as I was driving on the highway, one of those construction trucks cut me off and a giant rock flew off from the back and hit my hood. There is a very noticeable dent, with some of the paint scratched off. Unfortunately I don't have pictures right now, but I can show everyone later on. My question is, will this cause the hood of my car to rust now that the paint is off and that part is exposed to the elements?

After this incident, I am seriously considering purchasing a clear bra. Has anyone else purchased them on their Civic?

Regards,

Yes, paint is what prevents the steel from rusting, and now that its exposed, it will probably rust. Id say get the dent fixed and painted, and then I would apply the clear bra once everything is sealed back up. Ive heard that stuff is pretty good too

I think this just means it is time for a carbon fiber hood!

My fit got a dent/chip similar to that when it was new. I just put some touch up paint over it and I haven't had any issues. It sucks getting that on a new car, but I had to tell myself that no car is perfect that is a daily driver. Seems like everytime I wash/wax my car I am finding some new chip or imperfection.

Here are the pics btw for anyone interested. All I've done is add touch up paint. Due to the location of the dent, I cannot apply Paintless Dent Removal without cutting the hood at the back. Out of all locations the rock had to hit...UGH. I've installed the OEM hood deflector, which hides the dent and touch up paint job, but I know its there :( Seriously considering a carbon fiber hood.

Does anyone know any good website where I can find a carbon fiber hood that will deliver to Canada? I've only seen the Pro Civic website and would like a few more options.

Thanks!

IMG_2215.JPG IMG_2214.JPG

Back