2014 civic si coupe turbo manifold

Victorusmc

Frederick, MD
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Hi guys, Ive done a couple of searches in this forum and online and I cant find a picture of the exhaust side of our engine, all I found was that adapter that goes somehow into our exhaust and you bolt the turbo on there. I found a k series exhaust turbo manifold from full race and I got in touch with them and they told me that it wont fit, that I need that adapter and bolt the turbo on there...now my question is, why cant we unscrew whatever is on the exhaust of our engines K24 and make a flange and make a turbo manifold or we can and is just that no company has done it because is easier to make that adapter?

Thank you in advance

Btw this is what I was talking about

https://www.full-race.com/store/bor...s-twin-scroll-external-wg-efr-turbo-manifold/

D02AF36E-462A-48F3-AA97-19DD754405E5.jpeg

It is built into the head of the engine as a single exhaust port, where most prior Honda’s had 4 exhaust ports. The cat bolts up to that exhaust port. If you look at any of the 9th gen downpipes you’ll see what I mean.

Stock downpipe on the right and the rv6 downpipe on the left.

C2688DD9-F75C-4719-B642-BEB80B6E472E.jpeg

So its actually part of the head, there is no way of taking it off...damnn...thanks webby!! I was just thinking of putting a twin scroll on my car...I guess I cant now :(

Yeah you’d have to swap heads (for twin scroll) since the k24z7 has the integrated head single exhaust port. I’ve only seen like 2 people or something do a k20 head, and it took extensive parts and fabrication to make it work due to it not being a direct bolt on situation.

It definetly is a better idea to run a standard inlet turbo, Thank you webby for all the good info, I was just looking at the efficiency, having a 2 to 1 turbo with a single or twin scroll turbo is more efficient scavenging gases. But I am going the
standard inlet turbo.

Back