2014 Rear Strut Bar?

cdkg

Is there a rear strut bar available for the 2014 coupe SI? I've searched around but haven't found anything.

That is what it is called but haven't seen one for the FB chassis yet. They have one for the FD chassis though. It technically should be the same.

There was a C-pillar brace for the previous 8th gen civic. I have not seen a rear strut tower bar for the 8th or 9th gen civics. It's generally a very stiff part of the chassis as is from the factory and the tops of the struts don't have a good attachment point like the older cars did. You probably would be better off putting the money into a different part if you are looking to upgrade the handling of the car.

I think @Dar-Dar tried a rear strut tower bar on his car but found it really didn't do much and was not able to brace anything with its location.

I have the C-pillar brace but it didn't do anything in terms of performance but it did do what I needed it to. It reduced the amount of creaking in my rear window. That's about it.

I have a cheapo eBay one used for test fitting which is a very weak aluminum piece. It's a c-pilalr brace for the 1st gen Honda Fit.
IMG_20140220_183954062_zpspib1ugk2.jpg

Maybe I'll notice a difference if get the Tanabe brace.

This might fit the 9thgens depending on the distance of the rear strut bars.

This is mine. It sits between the struts where there are some holes in the metal of the body.

DSC_8449.jpg

Oh... @Cbland13Si - Did you ever get a change to fold your seats down and look behind the carpeting and see if there are holes in the chassis there? If so I could drive down at some point and we can test fit my c-pillar bar.

Oh... @Cbland13Si - Did you ever get a change to fold your seats down and look behind the carpeting and see if there are holes in the chassis there? If so I could drive down at some point and we can test fit my c-pillar bar.
You know what, I've totally forgot about it lol. When I get a chance to I'll look at it:)

Nice, thanks man! It looks like there are similar mounting holes where mine attaches. You can see the angled section of metal that slopes downward forming the entry into the cabin on the right and left sides. Thats where the C-pillar brace attaches. On the passenger side there is still a plastic clip in one of the holes, and then another hole a couple inches above it. I wonder if it might fit.

If we can meet up sometime this summer we can definitely test fit it. I don't know that it will make any difference to the driving of the car. You can see with the trunk carpeting pulled back how much bracing there already is in that area right around the top of the rear struts and the sides along them as well. If it fits and your just looking for trunk bling it might be worth it.

Nice, thanks man! It looks like there are similar mounting holes where mine attaches. You can see the angled section of metal that slopes downward forming the entry into the cabin on the right and left sides. Thats where the C-pillar brace attaches. On the passenger side there is still a plastic clip in one of the holes, and then another hole a couple inches above it. I wonder if it might fit.

If we can meet up sometime this summer we can definitely test fit it. I don't know that it will make any difference to the driving of the car. You can see with the trunk carpeting pulled back how much bracing there already is in that area right around the top of the rear struts and the sides along them as well. If it fits and your just looking for trunk bling it might be worth it.
I totally agree with you! Performance based I don't see what it's going to give you because the rear deck has so much in the form of stabilization. For that reason i don't think it would be worth buying unless it was something like the case with your squeaky window. I think just a rear sway bar on the 9th's is all it needs in the form or stabilizing. But for sure when you come down we will definitely test for it that way we know if it can be done:) Oh, and yeah I busted both of the clips haha:/. Oh well...

Let me know the distance from point to point so I can determine if the Fit strut bar can...fit.

Back