2015 Toys For Tots Donation Thread

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2015 Toys For Tots Donation Thread

tots_002.png

To users who are new to the site, we have been doing an annual Toys For Tots donation dating back to around 2005. Each year we take donations and do a large shopping spree. All of the funds go directly to the charity. I even pay all of the fees that paypal charges me. So, if you donate $10, I will see to it that the full donation is given to the charity.

If you donate, you'll receive a tots ribbon banner which will show up below your avatar.

If you are not familiar with Toys For Tots, please see their website
http://www.toysfortots.org/

This has been an anual event dating back to around 2005. We're starting this thread earlier than last year. We'll be accepting donations till around the 2nd week of December. Once we get closer to the end date, I will update this with further info. I believe the biggest year was in excess of $6k in toys purchased with the added discounts some stores have provided for doing a large shop at their store.

All donations are tax deductible. I've had some members even do fundraisers at their school/college and then donate all of their collections here. If you want to do a donation like that, I can provide you info on how to donate the funds properly & get credit here. I can create special donation buttons for whatever dollar amount you'd like to donate.

I've setup $5, $10, $25, $50, $75, & $100 donation buttons here:
http://9thcivic.com/forum/account/upgrades

$25 and higher donations receive free vip for 9 months with your donation. The other donation amounts say "for 9 months" as well. This is in relation to how long the banner will be shown next to your name. You are only making a 1 time donation.

The money will be collected in paypal, but you can donate without a paypal account. You can donate by debit/credit card as well by clicking "Don't Have A Paypal Account?" on the payment page. From there, it will open a new page where you can enter a debit/cc without signing up for paypal.

Pic from previous years shopping to give you an idea of what we've done-

====== :tree::tree::tree::tree:

$1202.00 :tree:

Update - Shopping
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/9thcivic-2015-toys-for-tots-shopping.14034/

Last edited:
  • Staff
[USERGROUP=2]@Registered[/USERGROUP] please take a moment to familiarize yourself with a good cause in the post above. Any amount can help a family out this year. Thanks much

Donated!

BTW...all the donation Toys for Tots buttons say "$x.xx for 9 months".

• Staff
I've tried to clear this up a bit in the 1st post. It requires that I enter a time frame for the banner to be shown next to your avatar. That is why you see "9 months" in the description. You will get vip for 9 months on $25/up donations. The lower donations will just display the banner for 9 months. It's just a one time donation.
=====

$25 and higher donations receive free vip for 9 months with your donation. The other donation amounts say "for 9 months" as well. This is in relation to how long the banner will be shown next to your name. You are only making a 1 time donation.

As a member of the Headless Horsemen group which I left behind in San Diego, I still wanna be apart of groups who help the homeless, charity events which I participated in with Hurricane relief, children in need relief etc. I know that feeling of when I was a kid growing up in a trailer park with my parents and low on money. I still can't find a job myself after being discharged last year, but I know $75 will go a long way for a kid/kids to receive something this year. Thanks for the feels train webby lol (in a good way)

Cheers

As a member of the Headless Horsemen group which I left behind in San Diego, I still wanna be apart of groups who help the homeless, charity events which I participated in with Hurricane relief, children in need relief etc. I know that feeling of when I was a kid growing up in a trailer park with my parents and low on money. I still can't find a job myself after being discharged last year, but I know $75 will go a long way for a kid/kids to receive something this year. Thanks for the feels train webby lol (in a good way)

Cheers
thank you... and I really hope you're able to find some work in your field. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of work are you looking for?

thank you... and I really hope you're able to find some work in your field. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of work are you looking for?

Not a problem man, glad I could help.

The past I'd say 8 months I've applied for GS-07 and higher Intelligence jobs with various agencies which were looking for "new hires" which technically isn't true but I tried either way. Now I can't co-locate and stuck in Erie for the time being, looking for a job which won't make my arthritis in my lower back worse which I may not have a choice in the matter. Also applied for a Maintenance Electrician position locally, which I got a email back and HR put the position on hold for the time being. I may suck it up and ask my parents friend who runs Monroe locally which did my inspection and all the work on my parents car (He is the GM) and ask if I can work there for the time being.

Wish I knew that area better. I know a few members here around the arlington va area that are probably more in your line of work, but that obviously doesn't really help.

Skip your morning latte and give to the kidz!!!!!

:giggle:

Back