2017 Civic Type R Prototype Caught Testing On The Ring

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2017 Honda Civic Type R Testing At The Nurburgring

aaa.sized.jpg

These could be the first spy photos of the Honda Civic Type R sedan : the 2017 Civic Type R was caught at the Nurburgring dressed in what appears to be the final body. There are many aesthetic and technical elements that tell the identity of the car: the front splitter, an aerodynamic wing mounted near the rear window, and a curious exhaust system with three outputs. Under the hood should pulsate the same 2.0 turbo 4-cylinder VTEC of the Civic in 2 volumes, but it is possible that the sedan the total power can exceed 310 hp.

aab.sized.jpg

aac.sized.jpg

aaf.sized.jpg

aak.sized.jpg

aam.sized.jpg

Many other shots & much larger versions are available at 10thcivic.com

So far I am feeling like we are getting the redhead/ugly duckling/stepchild version of the EURO Type R.

Hopefully it gets better when the "camo" is removed.

So far I am feeling like we are getting the redhead/ugly duckling/stepchild version of the EURO Type R.

Hopefully it gets better when the "camo" is removed.
I feel the same. It baffles me as to why we just can't have the same body as the euro market like why do ours have to be redesigned lol.

I'll see what I can do here with removing the camouflage maybe by tonight. That design is definitely different from the lines on the one just photographed.

The bottom section of the front bumper looks a bit off but not too far off.

I am really not liking the middle flat black piece. I don't like how it cuts into the headlight and the body line, bringing the flat black further down past the body line.

The bottom section of the front bumper looks a bit off but not too far off.

I am really not liking the middle flat black piece. I don't like how it cuts into the headlight and the body line, bringing the flat black further down past the body line.
it'll all be chrome
:iough:

I've been working on a side shot and surprisingly every panel is matching to the sedan. I've had to warp a few things slightly because I didn't have two pictures at the same identical angle, but things are matching. I started with an outline of the R and started drawing in all of the body lines that you can easily see. Then I cut doors and whatnot off the production sedan pics. The side panels all pretty much match the outlines 100%. It looks like the rear roofline/back glass is obviously different, and it looks like the front bumper treatment is also different. I'll see if I can work on it a bit more and upload the comparison.

10th side1.jpg

I understand this is crude, but my goal was to see if door panels, windows, and other pieces would match off the sedan. I didn't have 2 pictures that were at the exact angle, but it's really interesting that everything was matching up almost perfectly. I didn't have a good shot with the front fender/hood to overlay, but the other pieces matched on the body lines. So, it essentially looks like they took a 4 door sedan and made it a full hatchback design. There were clear body line cuts around the rear lift gate. I'm going to say the doors are going to be off the sedan. The front fender is definitely unique with the air ducting or whatever you'd like to call it behind the front wheel. Very "wrx/sti" in looks. The euro R has the same flares.

VuIu3il.jpg

Back