9/14/12 Friday Drive

etf

Flowery Branch, GA
Vehicle Model
Volvo S70
Body Style
Brick
I am finalizing plans for our Friday drive.

It started out to be an intense 350 mile twisty extravaganza to satisfy the most rigid of sport drivers. I was planning on the group leaving @ 8am and returning @ 5pm. Now I am thinking of taking a shorter more scenic approach that will be attractive to more people. I will plan on us pulling out at 9am SHARP! We will stop for lunch at about 12:30pm and will arrive back in Robbinsville approx. 4:30pm. Try and have you car fueled as much as possible at the start. As a precaution, we will make 2 fuel/ rest stops during this 270 mile run. The first fuel stop will be about 60 miles from the start.

If you are going, let me know in this thread.

Would be cool but I'd already be traveling those roads to get to the dragon...then would be going through them again..and back home again :giggle:
We'll hang back at the room :)

Would be cool but I'd already be traveling those roads to get to the dragon...then would be going through them again..and back home again :giggle:
We'll hang back at the room :)
I don't know what route you take to the Dragon, but if you take 129, we will only be on 129 for 13 miles in GA and 12 miles in NC. I was hoping you and Robert would come along with us.
it's worth it, I'm hoping some sections are as intense as last year.
It will be a lot different than last year's, as far as the route goes. A little more scenic with a good amount of intensity.

I don't know what route you take to the Dragon, but if you take 129, we will only be on 129 for 13 miles in GA and 12 miles in NC. I was hoping you and Robert would come along with us.

Robert knows which way we go... I just kinda hope I can make the trip LOL Sadly, the drive up there is going to be very difficult for me as it is, due to health reasons. I MAY only ride/drive the dragon once... Most of the time I'll just be chilling with whoever is around :sadwavey:

I was looking for a sad ninja face but I think this makes the point more.....

cute-sad-puppy-face.jpg

It will be a lot different than last year's, as far as the route goes. A little more scenic with a good amount of intensity.
Depends how I feel on the route we take. I live in Holly Springs so have to go up 575 to the mountains.

I've done plenty of N.GA runs through blood mtn and WPG etc. Not sure if I want to waste the gas. Will still be recovering from Roebling the weekend before.

Back