9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Meet: The Exhaust Video

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Per the itinerary, the exhaust video will begin at 9:00 AM, not too early, but not too late. I just want to throw out some ideas about number of cameras and the camera placement.

If you have a nice camera and tripod, speak up. The past three years Keith (K757) has been kind enough to use his. But I think like 8CCD III (youtube it) we can have two dedicated shots showing the take off / launch , and then a driveby. There is a pull off spot about 1/8 mile from the start spot, a camera can be placed there showing the car going by as part of the flyby portion. I'm just making some suggestions. Most of us here have partaken in this so know how it goes. I don't have a good camera or tripod so I'm out.

Pulling from the facebook event:

MrsJrotax Oneohone What if we have a rear camera and a forward camera?

Jason - what do you mean rear and forward?

MrsJrotax Oneohone One that sits forward the whole time as the car is approaching...and one that faces the rear as it takes off? Maybe I'm not thinking straight LOL

Jason - Yeah, makes sense now, I think it's a bit better to get two cameras this year like 8ccd III.
MrsJrotax Oneohone too bad we couldn't have a "gopher cam" :rotfl: too much risk

Jason - yeah, I'd be the dumbass that hits it lol.

MrsJrotax Oneohone LMAO
...that or we'd wipe out a random biker

I have a nice manfrotto bogen tripod that can be of use if needed.

We'll definitely put it to good use, I guess on Thursday or Friday whoever wants to help out can come up with me to the start spot and lay out the camera locations beforehand so we're ready for Saturday morning.

You guys are about to make me spend monies on new tires. It would only be around 450. Then I could see what the BMW sounds like.
I think the two camera setup was best.

I will have my camera and tripod with me in case it's needed

-Keith
'11 WRX (31k mi) & '99 2.3CL (41k mi)

:vtec: I'm down for another exhaust video. Te car should have less of a black smokescreen than it did last year, but it's down on power too. :( I was also a fan of the two camera vid, and was also going to suggest that a trusting member should donate a Go Pro (or two) for a new, and unexplored addition to our audio visual escapades. Of course somebody beat me to the Go Pro idea... :bleh:

:bump:

Any more ideas / suggestions on the exhaust video? I know Keith will lend a camera and tripod, and Natey has a go-pro. I like the two camera Idea, but we have to scout it out like Thursday or something to get a good idea of where we'll put them.

3 cameras would be awesome, 2 stationary, 1 by the launch, 1 about mid way down the road and one go pro that can moved from car to car... Then while editing it use all 3 angles in a sequence of launch, midway and then on board...

Back