Another member leaves the 9th gen community

spazerboy

Surprise, AZ
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
Well, after almost five years, I decided I needed to upgrade to a truck. Traded my 9th gen in on a 2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4. I'm going to miss the gas mileage of the Civic, but am going to love the capabilities of the Tacoma. I'll still be around, since the fiancé still has her 9th gen.

Well, too bad to see you go but man, thats a nice truck! Stick around and let us know if you end up modding the truck. Will those BBS wheels fit on there? hahaha, seriously, test fit them just for fun if the bolt patten is right.

Well, too bad to see you go but man, thats a nice truck! Stick around and let us know if you end up modding the truck. Will those BBS wheels fit on there? hahaha, seriously, test fit them just for fun if the bolt patten is right.

Tacoma has 6 lugs.

Nice Truck. Congrats

Haha, that would be interesting to see a Tacoma on BBSs. Now that I actually have a truck to haul them around in, I might fix them up and put them on the fiancé's car. And Toyota's really hold their resale value well, so it was pretty much a no brainer to go with them for a truck.

Reactions: Nix
Toyota is starting to make some good looking trucks...the tacoma and 4runner look trail ready from the factory. Throw some TE37's on that thing with some trail grapplers lol.

They both are for the most part, especially the Tacoma. With the crawl control that the TRD Off Road 4x4 has, you can take it from the show room floor through almost any terrain and not get stuck.

I did that with mine when I bought it. Dealership to work to mountain trails, then I took it home.

nice truck man!

i heard Toyota dealerships will install superchargers on some Tacomas under warranty. Is that true?

Toyota did cancel the TRD-badged superchargers in 2015. And they said they will not support the supercharger program with the new 3.5L motor. However, in that community it is well known that the superchargers are just rebadged Magnuson setup. TRD liked to do that - rebadge. The TRD cold air intake was a rebadged aFe.

BUT...there is nothing yet developed for the new engines in the 2016 and without explicit support from Toyota in the past, I'm not sure about the aftermarket support. It may go the way of the 9th gen Civic where it's not quite as developed as it was for the 8th gen.

Yea, I haven't seen any superchargers out for this model Tacoma yet. I do know they'll warranty up to a 3 inch lift kit on the truck. Not sure if it has to be a certain brand or dealer installed though.

Yea, I haven't seen any superchargers out for this model Tacoma yet. I do know they'll warranty up to a 3 inch lift kit on the truck. Not sure if it has to be a certain brand or dealer installed though.
There are so many options. At least my Toyota dealer has a quite liberal policy on aftermarket stuff compared to Honda, I was surprised. You go in and want something done and they're mute than willing to take your money and warrant their work. Aftermarket and accessory so rates are cheaper too.

The manager made a good point to me that he's trying to compete with the other shops in the area, so they get to build the model that will make them successful. Even on the forum, it's one of the recommended places to go because they do a good job and do it for a reasonable rate.

Here for offroad pictures/videos :thumbsup:

It comes with an GoPro mount already on the windshield, so it's set and ready to go!

There are so many options. At least my Toyota dealer has a quite liberal policy on aftermarket stuff compared to Honda, I was surprised. You go in and want something done and they're mute than willing to take your money and warrant their work. Aftermarket and accessory so rates are cheaper too.

The manager made a good point to me that he's trying to compete with the other shops in the area, so they get to build the model that will make them successful. Even on the forum, it's one of the recommended places to go because they do a good job and do it for a reasonable rate.

Yea, I was shocked when the salesmen said that they'd warranty aftermarket parts, and they even had some for sale at the dealer. I didn't look to much in to it, but I may next year.

Ok ? So you're not really leaving? Stay off the taco forums it gets expensive....enjoy the truck

Ok ? So you're not really leaving? Stay off the taco forums it gets expensive....enjoy the truck

I just won't be as active here as I was. And being on Tacoma World, I've already got a list of parts I want to buy! Haha

Back