Another Re-Design for 2013?

People also think the Cruze is bland, but it's now the best selling compact car. Different strokes for different folks. I still think the Civic is nice. Smooth ride, not as frisky as before, but it's matured. We'll see how it all shakes down if this happens....

a 1 year redesign??? They've been delayed on parts/production because of disasters in Japan,...but they have a redesign ready for next year? :shadycorn:

I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree!

If this happens, it's a good thing. It shows Honda is listening to consumers, something people swear they don't do. And to those who bought the 2012, if you liked it when you bought it, you should continue to like it. The Civic you bought didn't change and neither did what you liked about it when you bought it.

WELL SAID! :thumbsup:

I doubt this is gonna happen so soon. It doesn't seem financially smart to do a complete overhaul on a car that's already being sold. I can see a couple face lifts mid generation like what they did with the 8th but not the 2nd year of the 9th gen production. I love my 9th regardless of the facelift so I don't really care if they do but I really have my doubts of this happening. I do like the fact that I would be owning a car that was only made 1 year though lol

The general "complaints" of the 9th gen Civic don't lie externally really , they're mostly inside. So I don't think they will be doing any exterior modifications. Inside, the 9th gen is panned as "cheap". Honda may change colors, add some softer materials in certain areas, things of that nature. Stuff that probaly won't cost too much to do, especially if sales rise back to normal levels or more. Chevy did similar stuff with the 2012 Cruze versus the 2011, adding features people said they would like to see. Now if Chevy can do it, Honda for sure can. Hopefully, the whole Civic brand gets addressed. LX models need Bluetooth, 6 speakers and the 16 in tires like before, EX and above trim needs to trickle down to the LX, gray needs to be replaced as the sole interior dash color, and that's really about it. The Civic has matured, so I'm not against the 9th gen whatsoever. I drove an EX-L sedan and it felt very solid and smooth and relaxed. And quiet also.

Now siracegirl, you being an SI owner, do you have any problems with it? Seems like it gets bashed for not being as "good" as the 8th gen SI......redline is lower, it's "softer", etc.?

Honda says it has a “very refreshed, and more aggressively styled Civic” in store for us.
that makes it sound like the exterior is changing though

If things were up to me, I would just design a smaller hatch based model. I really think Honda made a mistake by abandoning the hatchback.

Now siracegirl, you being an SI owner, do you have any problems with it? Seems like it gets bashed for not being as "good" as the 8th gen SI......redline is lower, it's "softer", etc.?

After owning a 8th and a 9th I can't really say that it's much different to drive. Both were equally fun and quick cars. You feel slightly more torque with the 9th as opposed to the 8th and there is a bit more play in the steering when you turn but other than that I really see no difference when it comes to the driving. The whole redlining at 7 thing is overrated. It's typical of a k24 engine and honestly it doesn't need to rev to 8. The car does just as well when it redlines at 7. As far as designing goes, it sucks in some areas that the 8th shined in like the seat design, materials of the dash etc but the 9th has good points about it as well. I love the new gadgets that the 9th offers that the 8th never had (the in depth blue tooth being my favorite). Exterior wise The only complaint I have is that the back could have used a bit more time on the designing stage but even that isn't so bad. The 9th is getting the same negative criticism that the 8th got when it came out and it's expected since it's a new generation.

that makes it sound like the exterior is changing though

I honesty think the coupe is fine, but the sedan could of course use some more aggressiveness......especially in the tire size department. Well all could truthfully.

And about the new Mazda3 SkyActiv, I'm not sure if it will set the world on fire just yet. The look is still a bit much. And at that, the new Elantra and Focus are generally praised as being "better" than the 9th gen Civic, but the Civic is still selling pretty well against them and higher year to date. Of all of the new compact cars coming out, the new Jetta is probably the biggest shocker to me since it's been panned in press, but loved in the showrooms. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. I don't think even the updates will make the Civic #1 in sales, but it and the addition of production being back to normal can only mean good things. The Civic was always number 2 to the Corolla and honestly, I like not seeing so many new Civics. I know that sounds bad, but on campus EVERYONE has a Cruze or Jetta. The Civic is kinda rare. But then again, there's a ton of 8th gen Civics on campus too haha

After owning a 8th and a 9th I can't really say that it's much different to drive. Both were equally fun and quick cars. You feel slightly more torque with the 9th as opposed to the 8th and there is a bit more play in the steering when you turn but other than that I really see no difference when it comes to the driving. The whole redlining at 7 thing is overrated. It's typical of a k24 engine and honestly it doesn't need to rev to 8. The car does just as well when it redlines at 7. As far as designing goes, it sucks in some areas that the 8th shined in like the seat design, materials of the dash etc but the 9th has good points about it as well. I love the new gadgets that the 9th offers that the 8th never had (the in depth blue tooth being my favorite). Exterior wise The only complaint I have is that the back could have used a bit more time on the designing stage but even that isn't so bad. The 9th is getting the same negative criticism that the 8th got when it came out and it's expected since it's a new generation.

You sound like someone who has driven both cars longer than a couple of days for a "test drive" or review. You sound like an actual owner, which you are. Most of the reviewers probably don't own an 8th Civic SI or have numerous amounts of time with either to say what you've said. So their reviews all read the same...read any review of the 9th gen SI and all you hear is "lower redline, softer, more like a Civic GT". Honda said they listened to owners to see what they liked and wanted changed and I think it's a good thing. Now in comparison to MS3, GTI and the other turbo cars, do you think the SI needs more power or possibly a turbo? Or is it fine as is?

Back