Audi admits over 2 million vehicles are part of VW emissions scandall

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
According to Reuters, Audi came forward and said that 2.1 million of their worldwide vehicles were fitted with the device. The magazine reports that a spokesman for Audi said on Monday that some 1.42 million Audis are affected in Western Europe, with 577,000 in Germany. Moreover, almost 13,000 automobiles in the United States are fitted with the system.

Apparently, the affected model lines include the A1, A3, A4, A5, A6, TT, Q3, and Q5. The cars involved are equipped with “Euro 5” engines, while the newer “Euro 6” powerplants aren’t part of the emission rigging scandal, as theses units purpotedly comply with the legal requirements and environmental standards.

Volkswagen announced that it will set aside €6.5 billion ($7.25 billion) in order “to cover the necessary service measures and other efforts to win back the trust of our customers”.

Volkswagen announced that it will set aside €6.5 billion ($7.25 billion) in order “to cover the necessary service measures and other efforts to win back the trust of our customers”.

Guess they better start sending people some cash for being lied to.....

I would almost want to have the car bought back if I solely bought the car due to the MPG numbers advertised by VW/Audi. Not that it would ever happen.

A co-worker (she's new to the company) was talking about the whole scandal... She's a BIG environmentalist and is VERY upset about the scandal. She has a VW diesel.

I'm thinking the peeps that bought these cars also were interested in the power they had, and could justify having the car.........

It'd be interesting to see how many owners would still want to keep their cars if they could get a clean test, and not be hampered when time came to trade it in......... Never happen......... When you think about it a lot of owners buy cars with good gas mileage, and mess with the thing to get more power....... I don't think they care as much about the air as they do about the trade in...

All day today I've been seeing newer audi's and vw's for sale. Don't believe me. Check ur local craigslist.

When you think about it a lot of owners buy cars with good gas mileage, and mess with the thing to get more power.......

For people on car forums I would likely agree with you but the majority of the general public that bought these cars left them as is.....

4 cyl TDI is a torque monster. Only with reflash they can get up to 290 pounds of torque and 180 hp. Too bad they fall on their face at 100mph.:(

I guess some of us are the opposite, we go from a ULEV car to catless (off-road or driven on closed roads in mexico).

VW Executive Oliver Schmidt Sentence To Seven Years In Prison And Fined $400,000 For His Involvement In Dieselgate Scandal

Schmidt traveled to the United States from Germany where he was arrested for his involvement in the scandal. Schmidt pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the federal government and for violating the Clean Air Act. Judge Sean F. Cox imposed the sentence in line with the recommendation of prosecutors.

“You are a key conspirator responsible for the cover-up in the United States of a massive fraud perpetuated on the American consumer,” the judge said at sentencing.

Only one other VW employee has been sentenced in the United States over dieselgate, company engineer James Liang, who received a 40-month term in August. Many of the senior executives reportedly involved in the scandal are German citizens and out of the reach of American justice. It was Schmidt’s decision to travel to the United States from his native Germany that allowed for his arrest.

=======

sounds like others involved won't be making any holiday plans to visit the US anytime soon

So who get all the funds from this dieselgate crap?

What in the world. Let’s let a monkey breath toxic air in a box for 3-4hrs? Did you watch it? I’ll have to check it out.

What in the world. Let’s let a monkey breath toxic air in a box for 3-4hrs? Did you watch it? I’ll have to check it out.

Yup I watched that episode of Dirty Money. **** was crazy.

They basically knew what was going on (cheating the systems) but said they were smarter than the EPA (something to that effect)....

Add BWM to the list

A class-action lawsuit was filed today in New Jersey by law firm Hagens Berman, stating that emissions-cheating software was installed in tens of thousands of diesel-powered BMW vehicles, masking pollution up to 27 times the legal standard.

The models in question are the 2009-2011 BMW X5 and 2009-2011 BMW 335d, which are said to have achieved the power, fuel economy and efficiency promised by the German automaker only through illegal tampering.

Based on Hagens Berman’s independent investigation (including vehicle testing), the two models emit levels of NOx many times higher than what BMW advertised when first telling the public that BMW diesels are “environmentally friendly” and that they “meet emissions standards in all 50 states.”

“At these levels, these cars aren’t just dirty – they don’t meet standards to be legally driven on U.S. streets and no one would have bought these cars if BMW had told the truth,” stated Steve Berman, managing partner of Hagens Berman.

He then added: “Why did BMW go out of its way to tout the environmental friendliness of these cars? Because it knew that doing so would accelerate sales. BMW knows that a certain segment of car buyers care about their vehicle’s impact on the environment. Instead of making good on those promises of protecting the environment, BMW chose to join the likes of Volkswagen and so many others, to build an illegal emissions-cheating system.”

Prob every company with a diesel option in the US from the sounds of it.

Back