Audi Covered In Mold Explains Why You Can't Ignore Water Damage

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
This mold-covered Audi is why you don’t ignore water damage

moldaudi.jpg

A New Jersey detailer got a call from the owner of a 2002 Audi AllRoad, saying he needed some cleanup done after the car was parked for four months. Inside, the detailer found the Taj Mahal of mold.
mold2.jpg

Before the Audi was parked, it had a firewall leak that soaked the carpets and interior. The result was a thick panoply of fungi coating most of the interior in stomach-turning yellow and green fuzz. The detailer said the cleanup required special chemicals, a steamer, two days of work, a mini-dehumidifier which pulled a quart of water from the car in a single night and clothes that would never be worn again.
DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

But because the car had been sitting only four months, the mold hadn't pitted the Audi's leather surfaces, making the cleanup messy but possible. The steam worked on the vents and other tiny areas the detailer couldn't reach. The final result?
mold3_01.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

• Staff
I hope the owner gets the firewall fixed, or they'll be right back where they were before. Nasty

I hate to sound automotive-ly ignorant but which part is the firewall?

Between the back of the engine and back of the dashboard.. esentially the "wall" between the engine bay and the inside of the car.

• Staff
How much would you have to be paid to do it? Or eat in it?

Eat? You'll have to pay me more than what the car was original worth in the showroom...

Back