Back up camera used as rearview camera while driving.

PMMcivicFB2

Canada B-Town
Vehicle Model
Touring
Body Style
Sedan
Just a thought. I wonder what it would take to make it so u could use the backup camera as a rear view Mirror as well as still keep the functions it comes with like navi music.
I'm think are that come with navi or the new 14 models.

Is there other cool tricks u can let me in on. With the imid

Dont know any other tricks lol. but i actually dont know if you can change music. im pretty sure you can. i usually have my playlist playing so i never tried to change the song. ill try it when i get outta work

I press both buttons together and for every 20 attempts it works maybe once. To get me to that screen. Is their something I'm not doing right. Cause I'm having issues getting on that screen.

can you use the backup cam as rearview cam without doing any special alterations??? i have a 2013 EX-L with Navi, btw...
i was following this thread and i actually tried the Menu===>Source+Menu trick, which took me to the following choices:

In Line Diag
Camera

i picked "In Line Diag" and all it did was gave me an option to diagnostic check on the buttons. the "Camera" gave me an option to move the line axis.

Last edited:
doesn't it emit a light when the camera is active?

A light with the backup camera. Or do only some of the eBay ones have lights with them?

Back