Back Up Light (Reverse Light) Lamp change

Carlglenn

Hello, need some assistance with replacing the backup/reverse lamp on my 2012 Civic 2.0S.
Thought it would be simple and straightforward, but am now stuck..
please see picture both of the outside and inside of the boot lid, I can't find any bulb holders or connectors.
appreciate any advise.. thanks

Attachments

• honda1.jpg
    honda1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 10
  • honda2.jpg
    honda2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 9
Hello, need some assistance with replacing the backup/reverse lamp on my 2012 Civic 2.0S.
Thought it would be simple and straightforward, but am now stuck..
please see picture both of the outside and inside of the boot lid, I can't find any bulb holders or connectors.
appreciate any advise.. thanks
I see you’re outside North America and have a different version of the civic. I don’t have access to your version of the user manual, but it should have a section stating how to replace those bulbs. If you don’t have a manual, your best bet would be checking out civinfo.com as they have a forum for euro and international civic owners.

Call me crazy, but i think your reverse light is the area i highlighted in the photo. It's not on the inside of the trunk, it's on the same assembly as your brake lights. honda1~2.jpg

Call me crazy, but i think your reverse light is the area i highlighted in the photo. It's not on the inside of the trunk, it's on the same assembly as your brake lights. View attachment 61113
no you're not the only one with that feeling, I checked it myself to make sure.. also have a look at this link which is the very same "Inner rear tail light" on my car.. my only question is how does it work ? where are the connector cables ?
https://shopee.com.my/Inner-Rear-Ta...-Brake-Lamp-Taillights-i.106717011.2368471858

no you're not the only one with that feeling, I checked it myself to make sure.. also have a look at this link which is the very same "Inner rear tail light" on my car.. my only question is how does it work ? where are the connector cables ?
https://shopee.com.my/Inner-Rear-Ta...-Brake-Lamp-Taillights-i.106717011.2368471858
It says "Inside Stop Light Brake Lamp", it doesn't mention anything about reverse light. I agree with @bauer311 , the inner white part is just a reflector (the inner red part next to license plate is rear fog light if it is connected and I have to guess). The reverse light is on the outer lamp.
Take a look at this video. It is a North American version but the outer lamp is the same I believe. Jump to 5:05 and it shows how to replace reverse light. Jump to 7:10 to see the demo.

it could be a fixture for a optional or side dependent rear fog light, your country might mandate the extra reflector but not the light?

Back