Bad Day!!!

deveinonmystick

North Jersey
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
So my day is goin by so good that i even got done from work early. And as im on my way home ready to jump on parkway im at a red light and i get rear ended. I have never been in an accident before so i get out and see my car from behind i went nuts!! Girl gets out and says to me "what happened"? I reply back "i dunno u tell me, u hit me being at a red light"!! I asked her if she had insurance and said just liability. Cop comes and gets both our sides of the story. He tells me to pick up report on thursday. Will the girl's insurance cover my damage and being that she hit me from the back is shes automatically at fault? Has anyone experienced something similiar?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 80
She's at fault. But call her insurance asap once you get the police report. They should cover 100% of it and nothing from you.

Ouch! At least it's just bumper cover damage which will probably result in a whole new cover :D

She's at fault. But call her insurance asap once you get the police report. They should cover 100% of it and nothing from you.

:yeahthat:

They will ask your side of the story. Usually, an agent then goes to your house and checks the damage on the car. This process will take maybe 2 - 3 weeks. The girl's insurance will also cover for a rental car when your car is at the shop.

She's at fault, liability if she has it ? will pay. if not your insurance will............ Look at the picture on the right, see how the trunk lids shadow falls on the taillight, there's more than just changing the bottom section, go to your dealer and get your car inspected, there's a charge usually for that which you'll get back from someones insurance, don't be signing off on anything unless it covers "ALL" of what your dealer says needs to be replaced "AS NEW".......... no patch work.

She said she had insurance, did you see it and was it up to date? Did the cop check for her insurance as well?

It can just be a collision bar damage. Let's hope so.

Last edited:
She's at fault, liability if she has it ? will pay. if not your insurance will............ Look at the picture on the right, see how the trunk lids shadow falls on the taillight, there's more than just changing the bottom section, go to your dealer and get your car inspected, there's a charge usually for that which you'll get back from someones insurance, don't be signing off on anything unless it covers "ALL" of what your dealer says needs to be replaced "AS NEW".......... no patch work.

She said she had insurance, did you see it and was it up to date? Did the cop check for her insurance as well?
Yep cop asked for her insurance. He was pretty much in a hurry and real short. It was raining real hard and i guess he wanted to be somewhere dry with a cup of coffee and a donut.

I just got rear ended march 4th!! Sucks man, now the lady is not answering the phone when her insurance calls to get a statement

Even though shes at fault the insurance investigator will ask you things like did you see that she was going to hit you, and if so what could you have done to stop it.
Tell the truth, keep it short and don't volunteer anything like, maybe I could have been watching my rear, etc. this isn't a confessional.

Once it gets fixed inspect it very carefully before you accept it from the body shop. If you dont think its fixed right dont acept it. With her just having liability only its prob cheap insurance and they are going to try to fix it as cheaply as possible. Also if they replace the bumper dont accept a used bumper or aftermarket. make sure it factory honda replacment. I used to work in the autobody industry and body shops wil cut every corner they can to make as much money as possible off the job.

What happens in that case? Well its obvious shes hiding which makes it worse for her i guess. :hiding:
I talked to my agent earlier today and they said that I can always file it under my insurance( which I will not do), or they will end up taking her to civil court if she does not respond.
I hope it doesn't get to that, I just want my car fixed.

Have any work done "though" your dealer. Again have them check the fitment where the trunk lid meets the taillight.

Have any work done "though" your dealer. Again have them check the fitment where the trunk lid meets the taillight.
I have yet to see a honda dealership that has a body shop, but deffinatly ask them who they recomend going to. The insurance company will likely suggest a place too. That usually is not your best bet. Insurance places usually have places called direct repair bodyshops. All this means is it is a place that the insurance company can get something done the cheapest because they get cut breaks for sending the bodyshop as much work as they can. Usually doesn't end up in the best interest of your car. Just remember if you don't stand up for yourself and refuse to accept shitty work than odds are that is exactly what you will end up getting. Its a sad truth and the reason I don't work for production bodyshops anymore.

Back