BEST INTAKE

• Total voters

epioidz

NY
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
sup guys! been debating which intake is the best, im looking for the best sounding and the best performance.
I have some on my list right now, but don't know really what to buy. i have like $350 or less for intake. But it will be helpful if you guys give me some feedback and input..
here's my option list:
ART SRI
K&N
Greddy
Takeda
AEM

need your input guys!
thanks in advance

Is the AEM option SRI or CAI?

Check out one of Webby's posts. He has a link to a very informative thread that covers most of the intakes which also has dyno graphs. Should help with your decision.

I vote Takeda, if you want a CAI-like intake where hydrolocking isn't a matter. AEM, if you want the best 3" CAI. And HR if you have the RBC IM and Flashpro.

We have the Takeda SRI on our '12 Si and absolutely love it. The car sounds amazing at 5-7k RPM, and feels torquier.
I highly recommend it, especially if you don't want to worry about hydrolock. If you check out our build thread there are some videos so that you can hear.

Last edited:
We have the Takeda SRI on our '12 Si and absolutely love it. The car sounds amazing at 5-7k RPM, and feels torquier.
I highly recommend it, especially if you don't want to worry about hydrolock. If you check out our build thread there are some videos so that you can hear.
ill check it out.. thanks for the info.

Why isn't Injen a choice for you?
I think they made a very good intake and I have it on my car

im not really into the injen but ill take a look at it.. thanks

thanks guys for all the input.. I have cut down my choices to K&N / Greddy / Takeda? any thoughts?

I would ditch the K&N. Go with Greddy or Takeda for a better intake. It really depends what color you like more. Red or Blue?
RedPillBluePill_full.gif

ayt! down to 2. thanks to Dar-Dar.. only concern i have is the temp or the heat. any problem with the temp for these 2? im afraid i might encounter overheat with these.

These 2 intakes are like hybrid SRI/CAI. You won't experience any heat soak while hydrolocking the engine won't be a concern. There are a bunch of members with these intakes and they seem to be very satisfied. And as I mentioned in previous threads, you can convert the intake piping to 3.5" since the intake filter's diameter is 3.5" as well. You would need to find the right 3.5" piping to make it fit and fabricate holes for the MAF sensor and 2 vacuum lines (Valve cover and AAV). With the bigger 3.5" piping and flashpro, you'll make much more power. I'm sure that would make anyone happy.

could someone explain hydrolocking to me please and tell me which intakes are susceptible to it? thanks guys
Hydrolock occurs when your intake sucks up water, since water doesn't compress like air and fuel.
The only intake available for the 9th that reaches down for air is the Injen, which some might say is susceptible because it reaches low where it could suck up water.
But trust me, that Injen filter is still a good 2-3 feet from the ground, so unless you're trying to navigate through a pond or small lake, nothing will happen.
I've had mine installed for months and once driven through a foot of water and nothing happened.

I think the AEM Cai filter is as low as the Injen Cai

Reactions: 323
Back