Best short throw shifter, knob and bushings?

Rob Maust

PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
What is the best short throw set up and knob? Ready... Go!

I've not tried any of them. I'd read through those threads. There are various complaints in each

So what you are saying is a should wait for a better one? Also can you promote my new thread somehow?

I have the Buddy Club short shifter with the Buddy Club type A shift knob and I like it. Coming from a countersunk/weighted shift knob, I like the height and lightness of my new setup. FYI, the Buddy Club shift lever sits ~1" higher than the stock shift lever. If you want to take it one step further, you can upgrade the shifter base and cable bushings. A popular brand to go with is Hybrid Racing, however they are on the pricey side. You get what you pay for though...

I have the Buddy Club short shifter with the Buddy Club type A shift knob and I like it. Coming from a countersunk/weighted shift knob, I like the height and lightness of my new setup. FYI, the Buddy Club shift lever sits ~1" higher than the stock shift lever. If you want to take it one step further, you can upgrade the shifter base and cable bushings. A popular brand to go with is Hybrid Racing, however they are on the pricey side. You get what you pay for though...
I think I should wait for awhile so I can get the best parts and not have to mix and match so much. ive learned that waiting pays off ha but idk

I think I should wait for awhile so I can get the best parts and not have to mix and match so much. ive learned that waiting pays off ha but idk

Sometimes in order to "get the best" parts you have to mix and match.

I have the billet pro SS,with cable bushings and a moddication shift knob spun all the way down,I'm a little over 2 inches lower,the throw is super short and its my favorite mod I've done on the car.shifts like a dream.

I have the billet pro SS,with cable bushings and a moddication shift knob spun all the way down,I'm a little over 2 inches lower,the throw is super short and its my favorite mod I've done on the car.shifts like a dream.

Nice combo.

It's a completely different shifting feeling,I truly mean that.being conservative I'd say 1000 percent improvement! I shown people the short throw at meets,and there stunned.

It's a completely different shifting feeling,I truly mean that.being conservative I'd say 1000 percent improvement! I shown people the short throw at meets,and there stunned.
Looks like I might have to mimic your sick set up

uju2ysuz.jpg

Here is a pic of it,the boot stays at the top with no zip ties too.

uju2ysuz.jpg

Here is a pic of it,the boot stays at the top with no zip ties too.
dude that is flossin whats the knob again? Idk if id like it that low tho man thats so so so low thatll be difficult at the track.. but amazing for daily driving. royal :turboleghump:flush you got there cuzzie

It's a moddication anvil knob,compared to stock it's 2 1/4 lower than stock.if that's too low,I'm sure there are ways to make it higher,I have not missed a shift since its been installed.the biggest thing is the short as hell throw.I give it a 10 out of 10 stars! Low is my taste,and I met it head on,would never go back,my stock shift lever is in a box in my roller,it will stay there.

It's a moddication anvil knob,compared to stock it's 2 1/4 lower than stock.if that's too low,I'm sure there are ways to make it higher,I have not missed a shift since its been installed.the biggest thing is the short as hell throw.I give it a 10 out of 10 stars! Low is my taste,and I met it head on,would never go back,my stock shift lever is in a box in my roller,it will stay there.
I am also in the market for a ss. Was about to place order for Billet pro SS and decided to do a little more research.
What makes your billet ~ 2 inch lower? Billet says its less than an inch height reduction. Im not sure I want mine as low as yours is.

My moddication knob is over 1 inch lower too, si you get just over 2 inches lower than stock. Put nothing but the knob on when you do it. It's about 2 1/4 lower than stock,and badazz. Get the whole kit with the cable bushings ask for the 9 th gen discount, they may give it too you, quality is grade1

My moddication knob is over 1 inch lower too, si you get just over 2 inches lower than stock. Put nothing but the knob on when you do it. It's about 2 1/4 lower than stock,and badazz. Get the whole kit with the cable bushings ask for the 9 th gen discount, they may give it too you, quality is grade1
Who did you buy yours from?

dude that is flossin whats the knob again? Idk if id like it that low tho man thats so so so low thatll be difficult at the track.. but amazing for daily driving. royal :turboleghump:flush you got there cuzzie
Very nice setup! I went with the Buddy Club Short shifter and Hybrid racing cable bushings and base bushings. The large cable bushing has a bearing race in it to better accomodate shifts. I don't know why, but mine is not an inch higher than oem, as someone posted. The shifter is curved to be a little closer to the driver though. I have my knob screwed all the way down, too. The shifts are short, precise. There is no damping sensation at all.Red Short Boot1.jpg

Back