Best way to remove bird poo?

boudreaujr

NE Ohio
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
For the next 2 to 3 months I have to deal with bird poo on my new Si. Once I move it should be a none issue. Can someone suggest the best ways to remove the poo short of shooting the birds. Mind you I'm not apposed to that either, it just isn't a practical way to deal with it for now. Thanks.

We have detailers here that know more than I do, but I would get a wet towel to lie on poo-area, let it soak, then use goo-gone. Next if needed clay-bar, then polish.
After cleaned get a car cover, always nice to have.

Dried on? Wet a towel with hot water to soften, then try to "pick it up" in one pile. Use a quick detailer spray to gently wipe the rest off.

If it's still fresh any good QD with a clean MF towel should work just fine. It's only a real problem if you let it sit there and give it a chance to etch into the paint.

The wet towel soak and QD afterwards seems to be doing the trick. It should be illegal for birds to poop on any new car!

The wet towel soak and QD afterwards seems to be doing the trick. It should be illegal for birds to poop on any new car!

Lol that would be funny if it was illegal , the first night I bought my r18 I woke up the next morning with bird poop on my car. My car has abused by bird poop for a long time lol.

Turbo'd since 04/2011

Back