Caller ID not showing on screen of my 2015 civic si - FIXED!

Etish

Hey guys. i dont know if it's me or the Bluetooth software of the car. But i do not see the name of the caller every time someone calls me. It only displays numbers. Even thought the number is saved on my phone and see the name on my phone when they are calling.

Any ideas or solutions will be nice.

Thanks

Same thing happens to me. I have the phone number saved on my phone, but it doesn't show the persons name on the screen. Probably nothing that we can do about it....

Same thing happens to me. I have the phone number saved on my phone, but it doesn't show the persons name on the screen. Probably nothing that we can do about it....
This is so annoying. With all the technology out there they did not think about that?

I will try to call the manufacturer to get this issue straight. I think its just the way how the numers are set in the phone.

I will update as soon as i know the answer.

Thanks

I GOT THE SOLUTION!!!

Honda Bluetooth Customer Support (1888-528-7876) does not know crap on what they are talking about! They said its a phone limitation, which i did not believe, also I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
I figured it must be the format of the phone numbers in my phone book. So I took 5 different cell phones to do trial and error on what format of phone numbers will work for both outgoing and incoming calls. And thank goodness i figured it out.

The format of the numbers in your contact must be (XXX)XXX-XXXX. This is the right format so it will show up on the display on who is calling. I know it will be hard to edit, so I looked for solution. if you have an Android phone you can download this app to change all your contacts to the right format. "Twitch! Contacts Formatter" you can find it in Google play.

It takes about 2 minutes to sync all the new contacts into the system so we cannot do anything about that but wait. If it still does not work try to unpair the phone and pair it again. Also make sure that the system is in your trusted devices on your phone just to be sure.

I hope this helps!

Thanks

I GOT THE SOLUTION!!!

Honda Bluetooth Customer Support (1888-528-7876) does not know crap on what they are talking about! They said its a phone limitation, which i did not believe, also I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
I figured it must be the format of the phone numbers in my phone book. So I took 5 different cell phones to do trial and error on what format of phone numbers will work for both outgoing and incoming calls. And thank goodness i figured it out.

The format of the numbers in your contact must be (XXX)XXX-XXXX. This is the right format so it will show up on the display on who is calling. I know it will be hard to edit, so I looked for solution. if you have an Android phone you can download this app to change all your contacts to the right format. "Twitch! Contacts Formatter" you can find it in Google play.

It takes about 2 minutes to sync all the new contacts into the system so we cannot do anything about that but wait. If it still does not work try to unpair the phone and pair it again. Also make sure that the system is in your trusted devices on your phone just to be sure.

I hope this helps!

Thanks
awesome work, and thank you for updating us!!

Can't say this bothered me, until I read this (both car id and the number format in my phone). Thanks for the solution.

No i have not encountered that. The picture id shows on my on my screen with the name and phone number. i think you just need to let it sync so it shows up.

How about dialing out? does it shows the picture, phone number and name??

Well, yes, because all of my phone numbers on my phone or in the correct format its just a picture of these don't show up. A think it's a Bluetooth systems issue in the car. I've brought up to Honda before but of course no one knows what the heck is going on.

Sorry but i tried it on mine right now, it shows the picture when they call or i call them. if can't duplicate the problem sorry to tell you but i won't be able to find a solution for it.

Just wondering ..... What phone are you using?

Sorry but i tried it on mine right now, it shows the picture when they call or i call them. if can't duplicate the problem sorry to tell you but i won't be able to find a solution for it.

Just wondering ..... What phone are you using?
Unfortunately it doesn't matter which phone I'm using I have various Android phones and sometimes it shows a picture ID but most the time it is not.

I think they need to update the firmware soon. Apparently the 2016 models are going to also use Apple Carplay (?)

Great thread. Thanks.

I have a '14 EX Coupe. I switched from an iPhone 5s to a 6s and was no longer getting a name displayed with the phone number. My phone number display in the car always included +1 in front of the phone number i.e. +1(xxx)xxx-xxx. So, I experimented by adding the +1 to a few numbers in my contact list and it worked. I now see name and number for the contacts I have thus far edited. I'm not sure if the 6s has more capability to "read" caller ID and decode the country code or what, but it is bluetooth-ing that info to the car and the car cannot make the connection between a stored contact that has/does not have the added +1. My wife's 2015 Toyota doesn't care. It sorts it out either way.

I realize this contrasts with Etish's good gouge above. But, bottom line- if you are not seeing the stored contact name with the displayed number, take note of the format of the displayed number and make sure your contact list phone numbers have the same format.

Does this also work for Hondas text display function? Mine is always blank in the contact area when I receive a text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an image showing the blank text contact. Does anyone with an iPhone also have this problem?
de4a8e21c7151ed2c640967be7b9ab2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff. This issue was doing my head in! I had to unpair via the phone not the head unit and all good! Thanks!

Back