DIY (Canadian Only) TPMS shut-off

VNPP

Rolla, MO
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
FG3 Coupe
So i originally took these pics in order to make a DIY for those who didn't know what a fuse did (myself) and found out that this will only work on Canadian Civics. So if you have aftermarket rims w/o sensors this should work as suggested. With the message gone, you can then turn off traction control or just enjoy the orange lights being gone!
*DOES NOT WORK IN AMERICA :(*

What you need:
Your keys
2-3 minutes
TPMS warning light (if you still have a working TPMS system then enjoy the car tracking your tire pressure for you :))

Step 1:
Be annoyed because this light won't go away
qujadapy.jpg

Step 2:
Turn keys to the 0 marking and leave them there. Pop the hood
hyva9eby.jpg

Step 3:
Open up the engine bay fuse box:
e7u4ypez.jpg

Take off the little white fuse puller from the inside of the fuse box lid
6enyzeba.jpg

Step 4: Find fuse #40 on the interior fuse box located under the far left of the dashboard. (Its the brown one in the top row that says "7.5")
y9ubyju9.jpg

Step 5: using the fuse puller, get a firm grip on the fuse and pull straight out so you dont damage anything. Keep it around just in case
jyja5edu.jpg

Now you're done! That should get rid of the IMID message and allow you to turn traction control off.
*once again, this wont work in America*
Hope this helps you out!

Do any of the Canadian Civics have TPMS? I didn't think they did. I know the Si's don't. Maybe I learned something today.

I dont think it works on the us models people tried and it trigger alot of errors which sucks cause I hate tpms lol

Last edited:
I also contact hondata about it too they say they cant do nothing about it and wont be able to becuase tpms is a own seperate unit away from the ecu lol

I also contact hondata about it too they say they cant do nothing about it and wont be able to becuase tpms is a own seperate unit away from the ecu lol

hondata flashpro for the 8thgens was able to disable traction control permanently. but then still yet for some reason if they're tpms light was on they could still turn off their traction control (luuuuucky). but i can't really complain anymore, i transferred my tpms to my crkais

Back