Ceramic Tint?

Darkk

My last Honda I've went with Viper Solar tint which helped with UV rays and keeping my car cool. Now I am hearing ceramic tinting. Is there real benefit or should I stick with Viper Solar again?

http://www.viper.com/Tint/Products/CeramicFilm.aspx
looks like viper has a ceramic film. I'm not seeing the anything called solar on their site, but that may be what they call all of their other non-ceramic films? From what I've read, ceramic is one of the best films for heat/uv rays etc. It's usually the higher end film.

when i was looking to tint my car i thought i wanted to get a ceramic film, till i got a price quote, $600+ to tint a 4dr with a ceramic. I ended up going with a 3M color stable tint instead for 199.

Yeah tint with UV protection are expensive but worth it if you want to stay out of the sun. It may cost me around $500 to get it done but planning to keep the car for several years so it'll be worth it to me.

http://www.viper.com/Tint/Products/CeramicFilm.aspx
looks like viper has a ceramic film. I'm not seeing the anything called solar on their site, but that may be what they call all of their other non-ceramic films? From what I've read, ceramic is one of the best films for heat/uv rays etc. It's usually the higher end film.

I will have to take a look at the site to see what films they use and then get with my local tinting guy to see what he says. I may buy the film directly from well known reseller and pay him to install it.

I wonder what the clarity is with ceramic, I've noticed that my last two cars have had a minor cloudy look from the inside, and they were 3M.

Well, did some research and went down to the shop that tinted my last car. So gonna get the front at 50% and rest of the windows at 28% using Solar Supreme film. Least I'll get 99% UV protection at reasonable prices. He showed me the actual stuff so I know what I will be getting this weekend. $280 for all windows. Not too shabby for the Solar product.

In CA I am supposed to have 70% tint for front but since Solar only makes 50% and lower just gonna wing it. Figured the rear will be darker than the front I shouldn't have too much trouble with the cops.

I got 40% huper optik tint (suppose to be the best) in CA for 350 cash (400 if i paid by credit card) for my honda civic coupe

Back