civic 2012, VSA - POWER STEERING - BRAKE - ABS -TPMS LIGHTS ON

eduardo2102

Hello, i have a civic 2012, everything worked fine but since 2 weeks the VSA - POWER STEERING - BRAKE - ABS -TPMS lights on.
sometimes the lights turn on when im parking or when im driving.
suddenly they turn on and suddenly they go off, 70% of the time the turn on and 30% turn off

i hope you can help me....
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20200129_214608.jpg
    20200129_214608.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
Do you have any mods to the car? Aftermarket lighting, intake...

can you go to a store like autozone to have the battery tested for free?

Do you have any mods to the car? Aftermarket lighting, intake...

can you go to a store like autozone to have the battery tested for free?

no i don't have any mod in my car... is full stock...
i already check the battery and its OK.
all fuse its OK.

Thanks!!

Hello, Yesterday i check again the battery. Is in 12.6v - 12.9v, But when i started the engine it keeps in 12 v......after 30 seconds up to 14.1v - 14.5v ....i repeated the process a few times, sometimes it goes up to 14v in 2 seconds but sometimes in about 20 seconds.

i realized that when up the voltage at 14v i can hear a rare sound. i think its heard in the alternator or very close. the sound is like a clicks or ball of bearing broken... i don't know how to describe the exactly sound..

i know that you say me that i need go to dealer or electric. The problem is that i'm from mexico and is too hard found a good electric here, all are thief jajaja

Thanks!!! :)

Hello, Yesterday i check again the battery. Is in 12.6v - 12.9v, But when i started the engine it keeps in 12 v......after 30 seconds up to 14.1v - 14.5v ....i repeated the process a few times, sometimes it goes up to 14v in 2 seconds but sometimes in about 20 seconds.

i realized that when up the voltage at 14v i can hear a rare sound. i think its heard in the alternator or very close. the sound is like a clicks or ball of bearing broken... i don't know how to describe the exactly sound..

i know that you say me that i need go to dealer or electric. The problem is that i'm from mexico and is too hard found a good electric here, all are thief jajaja

Thanks!!! :)

Howdy!

The Voltages you're seeing are within range of Honda's Dual-Mode Charging system. :)

In short, your battery voltage will fluctuate between 12.6v ~ 14.9v. The 14~14.9v is the 'High Output' (Charging) mode for when your Civic starts up, and then the 12.7v is the regular draw mode. ECMs/ECUs in general are sensitive to voltage 'cleanliness'; When they sense little hiccups here and there, stuff like this can happen. A worn alternator can make clicking noises--How does the car drive? Is it tough to start at all?

Howdy!

The Voltages you're seeing are within range of Honda's Dual-Mode Charging system. :)

In short, your battery voltage will fluctuate between 12.6v ~ 14.9v. The 14~14.9v is the 'High Output' (Charging) mode for when your Civic starts up, and then the 12.7v is the regular draw mode. ECMs/ECUs in general are sensitive to voltage 'cleanliness'; When they sense little hiccups here and there, stuff like this can happen. A worn alternator can make clicking noises--How does the car drive? Is it tough to start at all?

i don't have any problem for start...is really fast, the weather is cold 39 ~ 46 °F in the morning

Last edited:
It could be an abs sensor or a bad yaw sensor then. At least that’s what some others experienced.

Back