DIY Clear Corners/Removing Amber reflectors

jnastii

Wats up, I'm doing this DIY for does of you that like the clear corner looks.

disclaimer DIY projects are purely "at your own risk". If you are at all uncomfortable or inexperienced working on vehicles (especially electronics and mechanical), please reconsider doing the job yourself. It is very possible on any DIY to damage your car, void your factory
warranty, disable a safety feature, create a hazardous condition, or harm or even kill yourself or others. Examples would be melting you headlights, the vehicle failing on you, getting an electric shock, or disabling an airbag to name a few.

Part of this DIY was already done by jasonandre
so I will post the DIY link he made and just follow the steps from removing the bumper to removing the headlight housing from the car.
heres the link
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-oem-halogen-projector-headlights.4834/

Step 1: Bumper Removal

Step 2: Headlight Removal

Michael Hurd found this video on YouTube.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=anN0vYBj6Uo

Step 3: Remove all sockets and bulbs from headlights

Step 4: Remove all 5 visible screws from the back of housings.
Untitled_zpsd0ea41b1.sized.png

Step 5: Pre-Heat the oven for 225 degrees.*MAKE SURE THE OVEN IS PRE HEATED BEFORE YOU BAKE THE HEADLIGHTS*

Step 6: Place the headlights in the oven with a block of wood underneath. *SET YOUR TIMER FOR 10 MINS*

Step 7: Remove Headlights from oven *Be careful not to burn your self*

Step 8: Start from one corner use your Flathead to pry the headlight open.
Make sure to lift up all plastic tabs. *If Needed you can re bake the headlights for a couple more mins.*

20130310_130721_zps23090dfa.sized.jpg

20130310_130716_zpsb14c38d1.sized.jpg

Step 9: Now that the Headlights is open. Take 2 screws off the lens, where the reflector is located.

Untitled2_zpsf4bbbd13.sized.png

Step 10: You can use the flat head to pry the amber reflectors to get them moving.

Step 11: Put everything back together.

Step 12: Place the lens to the backing. Just make sure everything is aligned right with the lens and the housing.

Step 13: Place headlights back in the oven for 10mins.

Step 14: Remove headlights from oven and put all the screws back in. The screws will pull the lens close tight to the housing. Push all tabs back in place.

Step 15: Place headlights back in the oven for 5 mins. Just to make sure the sealant will seal the headlights after putting all the screws back on.

Step 16: Let it cool of for a bit

Step 17: Install all sockets and bulbs back

Step 18: Reinstall headlights back on to the car.

Before:
20130310_124620_zps0775d06f.sized.jpg

After:
20130310_133813_zpsb79de619.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! The headlights look so much better without the abmer corners IMO; one of the may reasons why I like my Honda projectors :D

Last edited:
i dont like the clear corners for my car! lol idk its just me!
i did this for a friend of mine.
but i will try to use the ambers for my UAE projectors lol

CREE = Could Rupture Every Eye

CREE bulbs are the best.

Convection baking is usually much hotter than regular bake.

Yeah, I did mine on my 8th and just turned it on to 225 like I was going to cook a lasgna or something. Came out perfect, although that was the longest/scariest 10 minutes of my life. Glad I did mine before my buddy, or I probably wouldn't have had the heart to go through with it :P

hahaha don't feel bad... i burn soup trying to impress women to show them i can cook... and i always thought you couldn't burn soup..... i'm a miserable cook.

im not that good with this DIY thing lol
i want to do the DIY for the demon eyes on the UAE but ughh lol

Back