Clutch Noise

TeeEyeVany

Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si w/Navi
Body Style
Coupe
So I've been experiencing some clutch noise in my 2012 Civic SI for the past month or so. It happens when I'm starting from a dead stop. It's like a grinding type of niose once the clutch reaches the friction point. I had it in the dealer today for an oil change and to replace something with the driver door due to a recall and I got them to take a look at it.

They said it could be springs or something inside the clutch and they'd have to order in the part. They also said that it should be covered under warranty however, if they get in there and see that there is "a lot of scorch marks" and "signs of abuse" that I'd be on the hook for the repair.

Just thought I'd share it here.

Note I've had my car for 15 months and it has 31,100 kms (~19,300 miles)

Are you worried about what they may find? No clue how hard you've been on the car

I haven't been hard on the car at all...I've been driving standard for almost 6 years and haven't had any problems with any of my other cars..I don't ride the clutch or anything like that

Some days it seems to be worse than others...like I drove it from the house to the dealer this morning and I only heard it once...drove it then from the dealer to work and didn't hear it at all....some days I don't hear it while other days its happens almost every time I stop and start

I found this post while searching, I have 27k miles on mine and I'm experiencing the same thing, glad I'm not alone. It'every so often from a dead stop. I can tell you that I've been very nice to my car as this is the first new car I've ever owned.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.....The guys at the dealer have to order in the part and of course it's on backorder so he said that it won't come in until almost the end of January....He said that it is fine to drive but if the noise gets any worse or begins to happen more to try and cut down on the usage until its fixed

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.....The guys at the dealer have to order in the part and of course it's on backorder so he said that it won't come in until almost the end of January....He said that it is fine to drive but if the noise gets any worse or begins to happen more to try and cut down on the usage until its fixed
Wow cut down on the usage until it gets fixed???? Thats a load of crap. I would expect them to at least offer a loaner while the part is on back order if is that much of a concern.

Can't say I'm surprised. At around 40,000 miles in my 2006 Si, the clutch make a long squeaking noise every time it was depressed, like a long wheeze sound. I think those models actually had a TSB related to it.

My 2012 Si's clutches don't do that, but they do click pretty audibly when they're pressed.

You'd think they'd have figured out how to make this not happen. Maybe that's why they're slowly eliminating a stick shift from their entire line up. I noticed you can now only purchase a stick in the Accord coupe for 2013 with an LX-S (and only in black) or the top of the line V6 (in limited colors).

Wow cut down on the usage until it gets fixed???? Thats a load of crap. I would expect them to at least offer a loaner while the part is on back order if is that much of a concern.

The guy said that it isn't a concern or anything but it do need to be fixed....I made sure that when I bring it back they won't say that the damage was caused by me driving it

My mom had an 07 accord and the clutch was constantly squeaking in it (even after they fixed it)

im experiencing similar sounds, mine sounds like the buses when they brake, like a creaking/grinding/squealing noise. first noticed it this week when is was creeping fwd and happens mostly in 1st gear too...never had a issue with my 07 fa5 and i racked up 95k on it before it got totaled

Well my car is suppose to go into the dealer on Jan 10 to get it done as long as the parts are in...hopefully it'll fix the problem

It's nice to know others are experiencing the same problem

I hope its covered under warranty because i can't afford it. I dont abuse my car either, i do drive spirited at times but not crazy like a racecar.

Yea...the guy at the dealer said it should be covered and that they need to tell people that it might not be just incase

The way I look at it is I've been driving standard since I've been driving (6 years) so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing

i've got about the same under my belt. You would think that clutch can handle spirited driving since its a SI but i guess not..

Yea really though...I just hope it gets covered cause I don't want to spend the money on that right now...I obviously will if I have to buy I'd rather not

Back